Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jplstatic

shoot me your wads

disreguard the rest of this post, lol. alright alright i'll change this up and just get a site together with all of the levels and former crap i can find and unfortunately have the loki game i thought was going to be superbadass but was way too hard and stupid looking. i was like a 15 year old when i started it though. i was a little loopy too. one of those sounds were me asking my dad to yell. very sorry about that. i had wanted to make it cheezy at first then i don't know what happened. i guess i thought it was dark and maniacal. it was meant to be broody and despairlike after a while but then i made it happy too. there's about 100 things you can find wrong in just a few minutes really. but yeah site on the way with NEWER single levels, soundtracks, etc

<font verdana size=1>first off, here is the level setup i had planned...

visions: the eye of sage
chapter 1: skull island -or- the birth of uncertainty
0000 amnesia
0001 a place we must have known
0010 the hollow grounds
0011 abandoned mines
0100 de-elevation
0101 somewhere in the dark
0110 the last beautiful forest
0111 paranormal tropics
1000 fungus fields
1001 forest of decay
1010 a night to forget
1011 glacial caverns
1100 buried in the frost
1101 vessel in the dirt
1110 skull keep
1111 please take me away

i have a cool graphic for it but I'm running into the problem where no matter how often I change the index.html or upload anything it says it cleared but even after refreshing and even REBOOTING everything stays the same and nothing that is uploaded actually uploads. ah well...

ok here goes... shoot me your wads. if you have any scraps of bazaar wads laying around that do have complex structures but you couldn't find a place for them OR you'd like to concoct one of the following:

giant mushrooms (not for drug reference but mutation reference)
tall trees (constructed as sidedefs but changing somehow at top)
large mechanical mazes with lots of close-together rooms of varying heights, tunnels, different colored flashing lights, and new textures)
a vast ocean with actual waves
a boat that MOVES on a certain track somehow with floor movements...Enemy ships too please? :D over Large ocean part again.
a minecart-looking platform that actually MOVES over track sectors of constantly changing heights
MD2 Palm Trees
Non-Enemy Models that move and do things, like ufos buzzing overhead?
MD2 models or sprites of corn stalks that can be walked through but block view so a vast cornfield maze can be created but path can be broken.
wavy effect to vision
sounds triggered by certain sectors or named objects
more realistic elevators, floors dropping like hexen
lots of cool lighting effects
ALIEN GHOST MD2 MODEL!!!

all things will be credited on scrolling credit screens. if i can put my cutscene movies in somehow i will but will still have credits even if i have to have a damn text plot

actually, I will make a site for this project once and for all! mwahahahaha. the plot is WORTH me going crazy if we can convert to doom 3 with help from each other and somehow obtain a license when all is said and done. I'm more or less in this for fun though but I will probably spend a series of years off and on concocting this monstrosity anyways if no one ever stops me. twelve chapters is the goal. six will cover the plot of the first part of the trilogy. the third "book" is written different and the entire story can be fit into twelve chapters. each level has its own theme and complications, each chapter has its own full plot, and game 1 has one hell of an m night shylaman twist ending at the end i'll give away to all that want to be part as well as two endings, one leading to the second game as it brutally begins and ends with yet another twist ending possibly more predictable but has four different outcomes.</font>

jplstatic, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Is that string of text in the /idgames archive or something? Or does it just travel from thread to thread as needed?

(It probably is worth preserving for future generations. They may have use of it.)

sorry about that... i do have a working interface now. i'll work on creating the forums for the imagemap and getting the ball rolling on that one. i have been swamped with so much stuff lately...

Theory:

twelve chapters is the goal. six will cover the plot of the first part of the trilogy. the third "book" is written different and the entire story can be fit into twelve chapters. each level has its own theme and complications, each chapter has its own full plot

Reality:

Nothing will get done on this and it will be forgotten about in 6 months

Advice:

Make small levels first. ENTIRELY on your own. "Building a team to make a TC" is something that doesn't just happen.

Misc:

if we can convert to doom 3 with help from each other and somehow obtain a license when all is said and done.

What?

quote 1 --- i've thought about it and worked on it off and on for years lol, like its something i really truly want to do and i already have levels i'm looking through all of my burned cds to find. i do have levels. i just want to redo them to be accustomed to scripting more. i might pack up a 30 level megawad and find which parts i like. i tried posting a few up on here but they were 16megs even with the mp3 track at the lowest 64kbps setting and the textures all downsized to 128x128

quote 2 --- i was on depakote last night lol 1000mg as prescribed. plus anytime i start working at this game i go into another world and just start writing and writing and my mind never stops jumping around because there's so much to puke out. i meant to say (two posts i wrote before that were longer didn't make it through because it kept saying i didn't pick a forum when i did and then all my text was gone... i mean to say i'll make six chapters, twelve would be a goal. i have the soundtrack for two and i pretty much know already how i want to do each level, and i'll start writing that in with this forum. i'll have the music up soon.

somehow=i was starting to feel doubtful about my credit so i had said somehow in a stressful way. after doom 4 hits the doom 3 development kit if it exists may only be $10,000 like the others are after their engine moves down a notch from the newest.

Creaphis said:

Is that string of text in the /idgames archive or something? Or does it just travel from thread to thread as needed?

Newproject macro. Apparently it was crucial at one point to automate the process of telling people their awesome new megawad would fail.
[ newproject ] creaphis [ /newproject ]

Remove spaces:

Creaphis, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Ha, nice, I'll remember that. There hasn't been enough efficiency in my project criticisms.

now i'm just doing the chaospectrum level. it will have 24 sublevels.

1. anyone still have some strange toying around with ACS wads or cryptic wads?

2. anyone know if there are line tags in acs that can either change music or display a sound?

there were 16 levels.... might as well go the binary route. i'm a nails nerd too. it did look kinda mysterious. the game is supposed to be in the future where we have failed. you wake with amnesia and assume the name George Lewis of ULTRA from the vest you find. a backpack with maps and a logbook, and a random key made of bones. arizona is an island now from the nuclear war and the native americans populate a greater portion of america again. most of us had migrated to mars before it was blasted and wiped out. but yeah in the end we learn we mostly brought it all upon ourselves in the past and the main character isn't what you are led to believe. its an alien ghost story. we pretty much wiped out the sages by accident and they are all spirits holding the planet to breathe, revealing its core. throughout this game your mission comes as you think it up and as U.L.T.R.A. underground lokus/triax research alliance communicates to you. you don't want to let entire worlds down so you go along and try to remember as you go but you never do. in this game, each chapter, you are after a new boss or series of bosses that have been waiting for this time to take full advantage of earth's complete vulnerability, as loki (or whatever his name may be) has taken over their planet of triax and is quite possibly one of the most heinous entities alive. the whole planet of triax fears him, and throughout the entire game you are learning more of him as you become hot on his trail at the end. he is an entity of mystery. there is a reoccurring spirital portion of this game and reoccurring clues to the end. first off you begin by a pile of bones, upon learning later that spirits travel this way and there are piles all over your small portion of earth and at the end loki's cube uses target points to launch aliens through space via spiritual skeleports. big obvious clues in your way... the bosses of chapter 4 are skelly and tubby, the bipolar brothers. one is "good" one is "evil" but evil can be good too, while good can be evil. everything from their physical make-up to their plans for our world are complete opposites. chapter 5 has an entire army upon a mountaintop loki had slain to make room for his palace in the sky. the blood was so thick and dense and a different make-up that took longer to dry that the entire mountain rained blood and recipitates all the time. the fog is red on mt macabre and it storms death. you learn obviously all of these creatures go after you reguardless of knowing you are in your mind the salvation for them or not, or whether or not you attack first. at the end are loki's very cryptic puzzles used to guard his cube in the end. his cube is made up of bones. large bones used to teleport animals spiritually, but often times the mind can be damaged and creatures can be duds, especially if one were to be launched through multiple times. this is where you discover that in order to outrace time and help earth before the wrong news gets delivered, you have to go through the cube, ending where you started. that pile of bones in the beginning. then suddenly, you remember everything from before, and have an immense breakdown of guilt. you lived as a victim of yourself. the bad guy. this is just a small version of the plot. there are two endings too, save earth, or... gasp... sages... your kind. the most brilliant in our universe that we destroyed long ago. there are only a few remaining, loki being one. you. deliverer of some of the most heinous acts you have ever seen. and you learn that the spirits keep the planet alive revealing the core for a reason. it can take you back to before all of this happened. but at this time further on, earth is now extinct completely. there are no humans. you want everything as it was. awaken sage, and stop... yourself from blasting earth via hades, causing them to shoot for Hades but blast Sage. you were the soul cause of Earth's demise long ago. so in order to make everything right, you have to kill yourself (yourself in the past) this character, loki, is of course a beefed up arch-vile to cover the white skin portion. i've worked on music for a long time and did do that shitty "lokis realm" game before when I wanted to do something "ellaborate" but come on... 256 colors? what can you do lol. it's going to be a lot better though. the puzzles will be fun as hell and with acs scripting things will have reasons.

Undead+priest said:

i think you should just...forget ur project ¬.¬

Yeah, this is advice worth considering.

I know it can be a lot of fun to plan the coolest thing ever, but you might find it takes a lot of determination to actually make it. So, you should start smaller...

not really the coolest thing ever maybe just cool. basically not normal doom structures but more mountains and ridges. OUTSIDE. then alien stuff. merely an excuse to have cool colors. having confidence is good. i can uhh cut it down a bit. wow this is the treatment i got in college. i did kinda... kickass and get 100s where no one else did and DID come through they just... all were bitter and so was i. ah come on, alright i'll start making a few chaospectrum levels just to show what i mean. i can't get acs scripting to work with my 5 main level editors and its irritating me (zeth adds the tag, deepsea adds the behavior...still no dice) but yeah. i can show some things. people definetly know i can make music? aaaaand we're going to forget nightmares of loki happened because it wasn't done... aaaand jerry's on meds now ** seriously though give me some credit I do have determination and have been addicted to doom for ten years.

on second though let me change this up to be instead a question of acs. all of the tutorials say how to do it, but on the editors, latest versions, with the exception of zeth, there is no option, and editing the scripts seems to always lead to an error loading the command.

i've done this for years just usually never put stuff online. all the older stuff was for other people. nightmares/chaos stuff was for siblings. nightmares of loki was for goth friends in high school but i gave up halfway through i think. general time passers. i have so many graph paper books filled with ideas i just never got around to. i also have an artist that wants to get in on something but prefers the unreal engine sadly. i've never messed with it i'm still just a doomer. and once i'm done with the autographings and cocaine parties for nightmares of loki and listened to the critics i'm ready to start on this new film starring an amnesiac. aww come on its an alright idea and all of the characters similarly fit doom characters so it could be easily done? hell i'll... i dunno i should change my name on here, get better treatment you know lol

I don't want to discourage you from trying to make your projects, I'm just warning you that it's hard work, so smaller projects are naturally easier to finish then larger ones. See if you can put something together to show us. I can't help you with ACS, sorry, I don't know any of that stuff myself.

If you look through the forum you can see there is a few project that involved more than one person that been completed...i sugges u start smooth like Creaphis said and just first...release a map made by you and you only so people can judge ur mapping skills.

Well thats what i recommend.

Creaphis said:

I don't want to discourage you from trying to make your projects, I'm just warning you that it's hard work, so smaller projects are naturally easier to finish then larger ones. See if you can put something together to show us. I can't help you with ACS, sorry, I don't know any of that stuff myself.

Undead+priest said:

If you look through the forum you can see there is a few project that involved more than one person that been completed...i sugges u start smooth like Creaphis said and just first...release a map made by you and you only so people can judge ur mapping skills.

Well thats what i recommend.

He was responsible for Nightmares of Loki.

lol. its been over a decade ago come on. nightmares of loki wasn't done lol. it was an accumulation of me getting other frustrations out hobbylike much as the dad on addam's family had his choo choo trains you know. i've released some other wads just for fun that got some attention. they'll always be weird though... glacial caverns... hollow grounds... abandoned mines. they're becoming more reality again though and less loopy.

i already jokingly talked about nightmares of loki. i DO kickass at music though :D

ok let me rephrase this post...

i will edit the main topic area just as i get the page up but i'll totally make a page where i struggle and struggle to do something you'll enjoy playing that makes good use of the new technologies and hopefully see if acs scripting will work in the normal doomsday defs

there were some loki lovers out there come on...