Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Majyuuou Harpy & Great Greed Mixmash

That second one looks more like diarrhea on a cloud than gravy-covered mashed potatoes, but so does the sprite, so it's not your fault. You reproduced it quite well.

VERY interesting models you have, that would fit Doom/Doom 3's bestiaries so nicely (especially the Harpy, she's so much like a Doom 1 Demon/Spiderdemon/Vagary). You probably have a gigantic set of similar monster models. Any chance for them to be represented in the Doom games?

Mixmash did not have a lot of detail in it's original sprite, but just as exp(x) said, you replicated a fine figure.

I am very impressed with the harpy. Wicked detail on all parts of the figure. The colors are very appealing as well. Good job!

The first thing that went through my mind after seeing these was "Wow, the Harpy has some pretty big knockers, heh". Neat replications :D

Very impressive stuff. My only complaint is the lack of detail/expression in the harpy's human face but I suppose that getting the look just right at that scale must be next to impossible.

Thnx for the comments, everyone!

Creaphis: Yeah, it's tricky to do facial details on a small scale. She didn't turn out too bad looking I guess--the face, at least in the close-up photo, kind of reminds me of a young Jane Seymour (sp?).

printz: Not quite sure at what you mean by "Any chance for them to be represented in the Doom games?" If you're talking about converting my models into sprite frames and then putting them into a DOOM mod, that's beyond my know-how.

MmM said:

that's beyond my know-how.

If parts are mobile, then take photos of the model, eight for each angle. You'll have a working monster for the game.

You'd have to do A LOT of cleaning up in an image editor to make the resulting sprites not look like shit.

exp(x) said:

You'd have to do A LOT of cleaning up in an image editor to make the resulting sprites not look like shit.

What?! Weren't some of the Doom monsters (those with Punchatz models) done this way? photos of sculptures?

Printz: Yeah, taking the photos would be relatively easy, but I don’t know what to do with them after that, as far as getting them to function as a working monster in the game (I can make WADs, usually with WADauthor, but that’s as far as my DOOM modding knowledge goes, I’ve never done anything more complex than that). I imagine the sprite frames would have to be a certain resolution, etc. to work properly too. It would be kinda neat to see my Vagary, or some other figure, running around in DOOM as an animated sprite . . .

exp(x): Maybe the photos would need a lot of cleaning up, maybe not. It would depend on what you did with the images and what resolution they started out as. There’s probably some filters, in an art program, that one could apply to clean/fix things up fairly painlessly, if need be.

printz said:

What?! Weren't some of the Doom monsters (those with Punchatz models) done this way? photos of sculptures?

Yes, but the photos were hand edited by Adrian Carmack.