Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

Illegal immigrants found in my favorite restaurant

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080618/NEWS06/806180325

My favorite Chinese restaurant closed down after a Federal break-in, loads of illegal immigrants were found! Story in link.

Damn, I loved the sushi and crab legs there... It sucks that they closed up. I always wondered how they can make the prices so cheap, well, now I know...

Good thing I, myself, am a sushi chef so I can take care of myself but still, huge bummer....

Heh, apparently a few Chinese restaurants in the area I'm in got busted for slave labor, by bringing in Chinese immigrants from back home and promising them "a better life"; they just had to live in the owner's house and work for them. They were also treated like shit, not even allowed to leave the house except for work or talk to anyone outside.

Thank God for whistleblowers. I don't know if its true or not, I never looked up news stories or anything... its pretty crazy, but I heard it from a trusted source. Either way though luckily my favorite Chinese restaurant here is a small family owned/operated one that kicks the ass of all the other Chinese restaurants around here anyways. :P

MasterOFDeath said:

Either way though luckily my favorite Chinese restaurant here is a small family owned/operated one that kicks the ass of all the other Chinese restaurants around here anyways. :P

I would like to go there someday. XP I'm gonna need to find a good place soon because I predict that Chef Wangs will...

A. Lose reputation
B. Raise prices to cover employment costs
C. Because of both A and B, go outta business.

All Chinese restaurants are run this way. You see, chinese people are very cheap bastards who think that cheaper = better. I know this because my parents are from China, whereas I am from America.

This is all true. A very good buffet that's near me has a pretty expensive price, and the worst part is it doesen't even go to the workers. They always complain when a small tip isn't left, and have practically went on strike because of it.

Every damn restaurant uses illegal immigrants, at least in Philly. It's not an uncommon practice; in fact I think it's more uncommon to find a restaurant that isn't bustling in the back with an assortment of Mexicans.

"ICE has the administrative authority to detain and deport any illegal alien for no reason," Deneke said. "ICE is guided by a completely separate system of law and there are criminal laws that pertain to illegal entry into the country.

"In other words, ICE can deport them without the use of the legal system."

o_O

Great, an organisation completely above the law.

Heh, I remember a diner I worked in a few years ago. There was a fire while I was working 3rd shift. During the ordeal, while the fire trucks were there, my manager took me aside and told me not to tell the police certain cooks/busboys were there.

I got a few of em' living downstairs.

*Back to work yah bums or I'm sending your asses back to Emperor Chang!*

You have to motivate these people.

Danarchy said:

o_O

Isn't it illegal to be above the law in the US? Though if they're greater than the law they wouldn't care what is and isn't legal.
Wait. This is a paradox isn't it?

Death-Destiny said:

Isn't it illegal to be above the law in the US? Though if they're greater than the law they wouldn't care what is and isn't legal.
Wait. This is a paradox isn't it?

They are the law. Most upper members of our representatives are parliament either are (were (retired) as in their resume) or have large investments in the major corporations. Every man of the law has a second agenda.

Danarchy said:

I am the Senate!

deathbringer said:

And Guardianistas still want Bristol council to "apologise for the slave trade"

To who?

I'm a Bristol boy. I don't apologise for anything that happened before I was born that I wasn't involved with. That applies to everyone on Bristol council, too.

herooftime1000 said:

Illegal immigrants found in my favorite restaurant

Oh, for a minute there I thought you meant, like, cooked into the dishes. Whew.

pritch said:

I'm a Bristol boy. I don't apologise for anything that happened before I was born that I wasn't involved with. That applies to everyone on Bristol council, too.

I agree. Not that I'm actually from here, but wanting the council to apologise is fucking retarded.

Richo Rosai said:

Oh, for a minute there I thought you meant, like, cooked into the dishes. Whew.

Even Chinese restaurants have to draw the line somewhere. Illegal immigrant - the other white meat. :-)
In the highlands of New Guinea it called "long pig".