Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coopersville

please help

No-one would reply in the Multiplayer Forum so I figured I'd try here.

I'm trying to get a Co-op game going at gamespy. When I launch game it automaticly goes to Death Match. Is there a way to switch?

The odd thing is that DOOM automatically starts in coop mode unless you specify that you want deathmatch. As far as I know, there is no parameter to specifically start a coop game, you just start a net game without -deathmatch.

Ya know what? I think I'm gonna start playing Doom online...

...because I'm bored.
So, if you see some loser on Doom Connector getting his ass handed to him...its me.

I'm not going to. Possibly cooperative, but not deathmatch because I don't want to risk getting my ass spanked. I only play DOOM deathmatch occasionally in school, and when I do, I win 300-0. But that's against people who usually just play Quake and shit.

God, how I abhor/hate/detest/despise huge ping. You can't play smoothly but for like 1.2 seconds, and the rest is a hugely slow-moving mess.

Too bad faster ISPs don't really improve pings that much. Sure, you might be able to download 80x as faster, but that doesn't mean every single server will have a ping lower than 150.

I just use All-Seeing-Eye and look for Argentina-based servers. But for DooM? Mmmh, I guess there are few servers going on...too few to actually find a decent one.

If only I wasn't on this crappy 56k connection, I wouldn't have to worry about a really huge ping.

I do mind when my ping goes crazy, especially im on this stupid unstable 56k. However, I have been playing online Doom deathmatch in zdaemon or csdoom and I can still beat most people in there, of course except for Anders, hardly. Two days ago I just beat someone who has 85 ping with my unstable ping about 900 on dwango5 map01. Ended up with 7 - negative 1, then I got 7250 ping suddenly and became frozen, so I had to leave. Man, how embarrassing it was for him [Nullboy(ABC)]

When I had a modem I found csdoom/zdaemon *NEEDED* settings altering for modem, memory is bad at moment but it was something like "turn off error correction AND compression and if it's a winmodem set flow control to software, not hardware"

There is no difference in him compare with the rest of ABC members, they all are big whiners