Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatah

DOOM pokeball

1) You can always make a weapon that sings and kills... (overly done, I'm sure) and

2) You'll need quite a bit of DECORATE scripting to make a weapon that captures and releases demons. It would probably involve removing them off the world, putting monster tokens into your inventory, and when using them, releasing them with the FRIENDLY flag on. Then later, point that same ball at them and pick them up again (I don't know what do pokeballs exactly do).

Even if he gets this to work perfectly, it'll still be Pokemon in Doom. I'm not sure yet whether this is good or not.

esselfortium said:

I hear demons can be coaxed into a Pokeball if you play them a little bit of Linkin Park.

That's assuming demons like heavy metal music - or are they hoping to kill the source of the racket? :D

GreyGhost said:

That's assuming demons like heavy metal music - or are they hoping to kill the source of the racket? :D

Take the obvious guess here, we are talking Linkin Park...

Creaphis said:

Even if he gets this to work perfectly, it'll still be Pokemon in Doom. I'm not sure yet whether this is good or not.

It depends if he makes a Pokemon TC...

... with Linkin Park midi music.

I'd suggest (this is how i'd do it in EDGE as you didnt mention a port. As you will be using Zdoom, because everbody does, it's probably slightly different in DECORATE) creating a projectile weapon which is the ball "in flight". The ball does damage the same way as any other weapon. It has a specific death animation set so when the monster is "killed by pokeballs" it plays a death animation of it being "sucked in" to the ball. It then drops a power-up which gives you a new weapon which is the "full ball" (give it some slightly different graphic). You'll need a pickup and weapon for every capturable monster. Now when you shoot the ball with a monster in it falls to the ground and spawns a friendly version of that monster (copy+paste all the monsters, give them new thing numbers and names, and make them on the same side as you. They also need "SUPPORT_MEANDER" in thier walking states)

whatah said:

How do I make a pokeball for doom to fight and capture demons?

you can play pokemon and uninstall doom from your computer.

Still it's interesting, because we can use this kind of feature for others ZDoom projects... something like a rune which capture demons to use them in a tough battle...

esselfortium said:

I hear demons can be coaxed into a Pokeball if you play them a little bit of Linkin Park.

oh god you'd get me in there if it keeps me from hearing ...that.

Oh in EDGE (no' too sure about DECORATE) you'd have to use one of your limited ammo types (think there's 16) for each monster. You could either make pokeballs your ONLY weapon, or else make weak enemies and 'bosses' non-capturable