Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ixfd64

stuff you'd like to see for Doom's 15th anniversary?

deathbringer said:
The release of Mordeth.

Being more realistic, the release of Plutonia 2!

ixfd64 said:

Since the 15th anniversary of Doom is just a few months away, I'm just curious: what kind of things would you folks like to see done for Doom's 15th birthday?

A few months? Isn't Doom's birthday in early December or something?

myk said:

Being more realistic, the release of Plutonia 2!

Yeah it'd be cool !
We have discussed a deadline for the remaining maps, hopefully it will be respected.
I'd like to see Flashback and Kama Sutra 2 too :)

We've probably left it a bit late to petition the United Nations for an "International Day of DooM" this year - maybe Human Rights Day could be moved in time for DooM's 20th birthday. :-)

A WAD based on the Doom Bible, which I proposed a while back, though I don't see it taking shape at this stage, or releasing by December 10 this year. :(

Kyka said...
Duke Nukem Forever anyone.... ?

Maybe for the 20 years of Doom event...

Kyka said:

Duke Nukem Forever anyone.... ?

:P

The first rule of Doomworld is you do not talk about Duke Nukem. The second rule of Doomworld is you do not talk about Duke Nukem.

Just on another note, has there been any news at all on Moredeth E2?

kristus said:

And a (although pretty mainstream, but that's what you get anyway) top ten of level designers.

I like the idea, but there are so many awesome designer/mappers, like at least three notables emerging for every year Doom's existed, that this potential feature can be expanded to include at least 50 designers without diminishing its honor significance... and the designers included should have no ranking (since the concept of numerically ranking designers is too subjective i.e. biased to be decided by the small group of people who will write it).

Another feature could be a video displaying the diversity of the Doom wads over the years. Footage of stuff like AV, HR, portal, community projects, RTC-3057, and on and on... all rolled into like a 10-minute promotion of the Dooming community via googlevideo, or youtube.

The first rule of Doomworld is you do not talk about Duke Nukem. The second rule of Doomworld is you do not talk about Duke Nukem.

Gosh..... Let me guess what the third rule is...

The fourth rule is... you are allowed to make brief references to Duke Nukem as long as you are doing it in an IRONIC kind of way, thereby making Doom look even cooler than it already is.

Doom Marine said:

Another feature could be a video displaying the diversity of the Doom wads over the years. Footage of stuff like AV, HR, portal, community projects, RTC-3057, and on and on... all rolled into like a 10-minute promotion of the Dooming community via googlevideo, or youtube.

Quoted for the awesomeness of this idea.

Kyka said:

Gosh..... Let me guess what the third rule is...

The fourth rule is... you are allowed to make brief references to Duke Nukem as long as you are doing it in an IRONIC kind of way, thereby making Doom look even cooler than it already is.

Unfortunately you can't do that without breaking the first two rules. No-one remembers the third rule - it probably had something to do with "he whom we speak not of".

How about promoting a randomly selected member to super-admin for a day - without telling them?

Doom Marine said:

Using the crappy Windows Movie Maker, I created a trailer of DVII as an example of what could be done to promote Doom, and that's just one wad... with the amount of stuff from 15 years of Doom, the potential for awesome footage is simply mindblowing.

Someone with better video editing skills (and program) than me will likely take this idea to the next level.