Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CodenniumRed

Level Uplaoding Help!

Heya I have a level that I can't seem to upload to the IDgames archive, I want it to be reviewed so can anybody help me?

I've tried everything but I still have problems, it's been a month since I wanted to submit it.

Aren't you the same guy who made that Riverwood WAD for Hexen?
That was one of the best Hexen levels that I ever played, BTW. Too bad that it was only one map instead of a hub.

Anyways, what problem exactly are you having and what kind of FTP Browser are you using?

The Idgames thing has always worked for me.

One thing you could do is post it here through rapidshare or something so someone can upload it for you.

When creating the Site Entry in FileZilla - did you set the number of simultaneous connections to 1?
BTW - someone's uploaded the wad for you.

Yes did that too. Still nada.

I owe whoever uploaded this level for me. It's short and simple compared to Riverwood (my biggest DooM engine WAD) as it's just an E2M1 remake for ZdooM. Damn it was four years since my last DooM-engine level lol (Save for my Heretic: Treasure Cheat contribution).

For some reason I could never get FireZilla to work for me but once I tried FireFTP, everything went fine.

Since xwe doesn't really seem user-friendly to an idiot like me, wouldn't it be easier for people to use beastiary monsters if someone made a 'dummy' doombuilder map with ALL the beastiary monsters already loaded into the 'decorate' section?
By that I mean the 'wad' would just be a single 64 x 64 square or something but have all the monsters loaded in. Then whenever you want to make a map using beastiary monsters you just open this dummy map, create something and save as a new file. Re-use that same dummy map again and again. (if this seems logical I'd like a dummy map for doombuilder: 'zdoom- doom in hexen format' most likely.)

With the Bestiary currently totalling maybe 20Meg 25Meg of zip files are you sure you'd want to add that to each and every wad you create?

EDIT - Bestiary has grown since I last looked.

Good point on file size, guess I was hoping it wouldn't be that large. Perhaps only include a smaller handful of 'best' monsters to reduce file size (or I could reluctantly learn how to do it with xwe or whatever you're supposed to use). I've had few opportunities to play against such monsters but thought that hectabus was cool.

Aah it's in PORTS that's why lol, I looked alphabetically with the other maps. Glad u guys liked it tho the larger-than-normal Hectebus got a mixed reaction... well I guess the fat is out of the bag, lol.

As for mosnter wads, I think it would be best to combine only some monsters in a simple map for use... like 'themes.' Such as medieval critters in one (monsters such as the Fallen, Ghoul, Death Knight, etc), etc.

Not sure how you'd handle more standard DooM ones though. Would it make sense to have all impse on top of each other? Or all the zombies lurched together? The only option would be for somebody to decide 'replacement bestiaries' that would have only one or two types of imps, demons, zombies, and a few larger monsters, etc per theme.