Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

16:Transfer_WallLight

It seems this is not availible to me under Zdoom Doom in Hexen format... should it be?

Is there an updated configuration kicking around somewhere that has this feature included?

I believe this is a GZDoom only feature. It might have something to do with hardware rendering. To be safe, i'd ask graf...

KennyJC said:

It seems this is not availible to me under Zdoom Doom in Hexen format... should it be?...

Until you update your config file it is only available to you with the GZDoom configuration.

Patrick Pineda said:

I believe this is a GZDoom only feature...

Not so.
This also works with ZDoom. Because of the way GZDoom renders the brightness of dark sectors, ZDoom will yield a better visual experience for this special.

A simple example

The DB config file is a bit outdated. Some of the newer specials are not in there.

Since the syntax of the config files is rather simple you can open it with a text editor and add manually.

However, you can use the GZDoom config for ZDoom mapping as long as you don't use the 3 GZDoom specific line specials (158-160) and the dynamic lights. These are the only things not available in ZDoom.