Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Mega Man 9 (NES) announced

I think it would be weird since the graphics for 8 were much better than the 8-bit stuff for this one. Still, I like MM 1-6 the best so it should be fun.

AndrewB said:

No joke. An official sequel to the original 8-bit Megaman series is coming out.

it'd better be for the original and not for the "HA ITS BASS LOOK ITS BASS WERE ALL EMO AND THIN" one and hope this 8bit stuff isn't joke

I hope they sell cartridges of this too

I highly doubt it's truly for the 'NES' (even if emulated), but rather a native game with NES-style gameplay/graphics/audio... At any rate, it should be awesome.

Also I hear there's a new 2D Zelda in the works.

This makes me optimistic yet fearful of the future. For; eventually, the genesis that was computer graphics will reach its exodus where they can become no more sophisticated than their state at that time. And, freed from the expectation of furthering graphical prowess, games will return to the simple goal of being fun and engaging.

However, since graphics have not reached their pinnacle it makes me wonder exactly what the hell is going on.

Bank said:

For; eventually, the genesis that was computer graphics will reach its exodus where they can become no more sophisticated than their state at that time.

This will happen when games are completely photo realistic on some yet-uninvented display that provides the most amount of detail the human eye can see (not even the in-development UHDV goes this far) -- or maybe when the Star Trek: TNG holosuite is invented.

However, since graphics have not reached their pinnacle it makes me wonder exactly what the hell is going on.

My guess is that someone got their head screwed on straight and wants to make a fun game instead of the said graphics/audio superiority race.

Now the real question is: Who will be first to play NES games in a holosuite? :)

MikeRS said:

I highly doubt it's truly for the 'NES' (even if emulated), but rather a native game with NES-style gameplay/graphics/audio... At any rate, it should be awesome.

It could be one those pirated/unlicensed games for Famiclones...it's incredible what kind of games you can find...including Sonic and King of Fighter conversions, some of which are quite impressive. And yeah, I have a couple of those in cartridge form, for use with a REAL Famiclone ;-)

Always eight masters, there are... (nowadays)

Anyway, I'd like to see what disguise Wily uses this time, and if anyone falls for it AGAIN.

Hey, if Capcom can release a classic MegaMan game, id could probably release a classic Doom game. Doom 4: Powered by Doom v1.9 ...

Jodwin said:

Jesus Christ I want a Wii badly, now.

It's also coming out for LIVE and the PSN Network at the same time.

Scuba Steve said:

It's also coming out for LIVE and the PSN Network at the same time.

Yeah, but considering that I don't have any other console either (or even a TV for that matter), and that I'd most rather get Wii:

MikeRS said:

My guess is that someone got their head screwed on straight and wants to make a fun game instead of the said graphics/audio superiority race.

You know, I'm pretty sure no one approaches a game concept meeting with the mindset of "Fun?!? Fuck fun, no one likes fun anymore, we need mind-blowing GRAFECKS!!"

Well sometimes it feels like they do, what with all the

Get your head out of your ass.

I came.

Also, on a side note, I am beginning to think this is going to be a new trend that may pick up within the next few months where we will begin seeing a series of 8-bit remakes of old games, which will give me a reason to start buying console games again.

Bucket said:

You know, I'm pretty sure no one approaches a game concept meeting with the mindset of "Fun?!? Fuck fun, no one likes fun anymore, we need mind-blowing GRAFECKS!!"

No, they approach it from the point of view of how good looking they can make adverts to sell the game, while maximizing profits by reducing work in other areas.

Bucket said...

Dr. Zin said...
No, they approach it from the point of view of how good looking they can make adverts to sell the game, while maximizing profits by reducing work in other areas.

Depressing thoughts aren't they?

Nintendo realized that a while ago, and started making countless remakes (Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Bros. DX, Super Mario Advance 1/2/3/4, Super Mario 64 DS, Metroid: Zero Mission, Zelda: A Link to the Past Advance, probably some others)

Bucket said:

1) Take a realistic scenario
2) Alter it slightly so that it would never happen
3) Point out how ridiculous it is

This does not count as an argument.

MikeRS said:

Nintendo realized that a while ago, and started making countless remakes (Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Bros. DX, Super Mario Advance 1/2/3/4, Super Mario 64 DS, Metroid: Zero Mission, Zelda: A Link to the Past Advance, probably some others)

Yeah, but those are almost all for portables.

Jodwin said:

It's not good for you to hold it in. Just go already. Use a bottle if you have to.

Danarchy said:

It's not good for you to hold it in. Just go already. Use a bottle if you have to.

I think originality itself just exploded.

I'm all for games in this vein, I absolutely loved New Super Mario Bros. Sure, it wasn't an "NES" game, but it graphics took a backseat and it was very fun.