• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Mega Man 9 (NES) announced

AirRaid said:

Now if only they'd do this for Sonic.

Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Rush 1&2.

Oh you mean go back and make a spiritual sequel to Sonic 1? If it has any show of Sonic Teams ability to re-write a Sonic platform then I hope Sonic Genesis won't be use as an example.

But yah I see what you mean and agree that a solid Sonic side scroller would be awesome. I just don't think Sega-Sammy could pull it off.

EDIT: Reference correction

AndrewB said:

1) Take a realistic scenario
2) Alter it slightly so that it would never happen
3) Point out how ridiculous it is

This does not count as an argument.

Ah... but you of course know, being the argument expert and all, it's not Bucket's job to disprove that game designers don't make fun games... you would have to prove that first for him to dispute.

Not to mention it's entirely subjective.

Technician said:

Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Rush 1&2.

Oh you mean go back and make a spiritual sequel to Sonic 1? If it has any show of Sonic Teams ability to re-write a Sonic platform then I hope Sonic Genesis won't be use as an example.

But yah I see what you mean and agree that a solid Sonic side scroller would be awesome. I just don't think Sega-Sammy could pull it off.

EDIT: Reference correction

Sonic Advance sucked fucking ass. At least the first two did, I gave up after that. I couldn't really place my finger on it, but I guess it just felt like it was aimed at 10 year olds of this generation. So it was just pap.

Brand new American trailer for Megaman 9. It looks awesome and it sounds awesome.

Too bad they didn't hire me for the soundtrack

AirRaid said:

Sonic Advance sucked fucking ass. At least the first two did, I gave up after that. I couldn't really place my finger on it, but I guess it just felt like it was aimed at 10 year olds of this generation. So it was just pap.

This is exactly how I felt. I was so pumped when I found the first Sonic Advance game, but then I just stopped playing halfway through because it really was not good at all. The style just didn't feel like good 'ol sonic, which is why I have been playing the Sonic and Knuckles collection for PC. If they could do something that played like Sonic & Knuckles, I would quickly buy that shit up

AirRaid said:

Now if only they'd do this for Sonic.

Eh, the Sonic Rush games are good.

Patrick Pineda said:

Hey, if Capcom can release a classic MegaMan game, id could probably release a classic Doom game. Doom 4: Powered by Doom v1.9 ...

That would be awesome. That way, I wouldn't have to upgrade my computer to play it.

There would be no point in them using the original engine. Nothing they could produce would be better than what the community has already produced.

Ok so, it's hard as shit.

The hardest game I've played in a long time. I can't even beat any of the robot masters. Better stock up on E-Tanks.

And I'm not some little pansy that can't get through MM1-MM3 either. Those games are a breeze compared to this. Some of this level design is just brutal. I can't even begin to imagine the wily stages.

I was watching my lil bro play it earlier. looks pretty damn tough. they took away his slide ability, which makes no sense to me.

VileSlay said:

they took away his slide ability, which makes no sense to me.

Well, if you're one of those people who think that the second game was the best of the series (like I do) it makes a lot of sense.

Damn I wish I had one of those fancy pant modern consoles just so I could play this. :(

The game doesn't suck so far, but I have... one.... major complaint.

Imagine this scenario:

"Hi, Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?"
"Yeah, I wanna Big Mac."

"Ma'am, there's nothing on this sandwich but meat and bread."
"Oh , that's right, Condiments are extra."
"Lettuce? Extra? Since when did they start this?"
"Well, to allow a customized burger experience, we allow you to purchase any condiments you want."
"... But, I paid for the whole thing.. the.. the picture on the menu has everything on it."
"Oh, that's our deluxe model. You can get pickles if you attend... "

"uhh.. fuck this.. uhh.. I'll take an ice cream cone."
"that'll be a dollar. chocolate or vanilla?"
"chocolate, I guess."
"Chocolate? that'll be a 2 dollar charge, please."
"... Vanilla with nuts then?"
"nuts? that'll be a 50 cent charge, please."
".......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!"

Now, replace accordingly.

CAPCOM, you did a heckuva job in screwing your tried-and-true fans, Assholes. Maybe you can make a game that requires me to pay an extra 5 dollars to use the fucking jump button? Maybe even a charge to charge my fucking laz--- oh wait.

Ugh. I know the total charge for the game with all features will probably be less than I paid for MegaMan 3, which iirc was $70 worth of mowing lawns, but it still seems a little dickish to charge for little things that aren't worth the high price they're asking for.

Sliding and the charging gun made the games worse. It would have been just fine to leave them out completely.

Jodwin said:

Sliding and the charging gun made the games worse. It would have been just fine to leave them out completely.

The slide could have been useful--- if it could actually damage an enemy. Sliding in the Kirby series has always been a quick and easy way to deal with the energy beam/fire/ice spreaders. in the MM games, you just get hit. Lame.

The charging gun could have been useful in that you'd receive some sort of bonus (multi) for knocking out several bots with one blast.

If there was.. a scoring system.

Which is my major gripe. The lack of a score, as "trivial" as it is, made me really hate to slog through the later games, with no awesome big number with to show off.

Csonicgo said:

The slide could have been useful--- if it could actually damage an enemy. Sliding in the Kirby series has always been a quick and easy way to deal with the energy beam/fire/ice spreaders. in the MM games, you just get hit. Lame.

The charging gun could have been useful in that you'd receive some sort of bonus (multi) for knocking out several bots with one blast.

If there was.. a scoring system.

Which is my major gripe. The lack of a score, as "trivial" as it is, made me really hate to slog through the later games, with no awesome big number with to show off.

Megaman 1 had a score system.

Kaiser said:

Megaman 1 had a score system.

Which is why I'm surprised MM9 doesn't have one. MM9 seems to gain a LOT of inspiration from MegaMan and MegaMan 2, so adding a scoring system wouldn't have been far fetched.

I liked the slide as an evasive measure and certain levels were designed to have items attainable by the slide. I liked that mechanic and level design in 3. I would rather they kept at least that. having that lil gimmick weapon seek out and get items for you is kinda lame. the charge shot I could do without.

I got it yesterday. It's pretty darn good so far, and it doesn't seem as hard as people are making it out to be. It's just "NES hard", which seems perfectly suitable. :P

The difficulty comes nowhere close to, say... Contra 4, for example.

Lord_Z said:

Would you say that it is as hard/harder than Megaman 6? I found that one to be the toughest so far.

You kidding me? MM6 was by far the easiest (and rushed) of the series.

AndrewB said:

1) Take a realistic scenario
2) Alter it slightly so that it would never happen
3) Point out how ridiculous it is

This does not count as an argument.

You're an idiot. You seriously think developers have no concern for fun, regardless of the execution within their talent? Do you think the writers somehow strive for better graphics while the designers are keen to DX10 effects, oblivious of their actual jobs? That somehow they spend time looking over the shoulder of rendering pipeline coders instead of doing their job?

Lord_Z said:

Would you say that it is as hard/harder than Megaman 6? I found that one to be the toughest so far.

I'd probably say it's about as hard as the first game, maybe a little harder. I always found the first one to be the most difficult of the original 6 games.

AgentSpork said:

The difficulty comes nowhere close to, say... Contra 4, for example.

Unless you're playing on Hard, Contra 4 isn't really bad

AgentSpork said...
I'd probably say it's about as hard as the first game

Ok, I did not find MM1 to be too hard. Maybe it was just the combination of sliding and powering up the gun while fighting that threw me off in the later ones.

Lord_Z said:

Ok, I did not find MM1 to be too hard. Maybe it was just the combination of sliding and powering up the gun while fighting that threw me off in the later ones.

!! That stuff made it easier! You could actually DODGE enemies and kill enemies faster in the games with that feature.

MM9 is a lot of fun so far. Just pretty hard, but we all expect that from a Megaman game. Frustration is designed into the game.

Nick Perrin said:

!! That stuff made it easier! You could actually DODGE enemies and kill enemies faster in the games with that feature.

MM9 is a lot of fun so far. Just pretty hard, but we all expect that from a Megaman game. Frustration is designed into the game.

I always thought the slide was a good feature. it wasn't a 100% effective move. the charge shot was better reserved for the X games. so for those that like the fact that the improvement of slide and charge shot were taken away are you happy with the inclusion of rush?