Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Mega Man 9 (NES) announced

Nick Perrin said:

!! That stuff made it easier! You could actually DODGE enemies and kill enemies faster in the games with that feature.

MM9 is a lot of fun so far. Just pretty hard, but we all expect that from a Megaman game. Frustration is designed into the game.

If you want a REAL frustation on a Megaman Game, try MegamanZero

so has anyone tried the new downloadable content. the first one offered is protoman mode. the name says it all, you play as protoman. besides each life starting off with his trademark whistle, here are the differences: protoman has the slide and charge shot. when he jumps he holds out his shield which will reflect most enemy bullets. he takes more damage, doesn't shoot as fast, and doesn't jump as high or far as mega man and he get knoked back farther after he's hit. he starts out with a catapult and jet sled that look like itmes 1 and 2 from mega man 2.

the other mode is the endless attack. it's basically an edurance contest. you start at a red door and have to make your way to a blue door at the end of the level. each level is based on themes in this game as well as some from older games. the goal of the game is to get through as many screens as you can before you finally die. the number of screens you've passed is displayed on the upper right hand part of the display.

I haven't tried the endless game, but watched my brother playing thru some. pretty damn tough. I did try the protoman mode. it's harder to play as him, IMO. the jumping and rate of fire takes some getting used to. his taking more damamge is a major disadvantage, especially since you can't stock up on energy tanks at the shop. you only have what you can find.

The music for megaman 2/3 is so incredible that I always hated when protoman's stupid whistle disrupted it and made the loop start over.

So this game is definitely the hardest of the first six. Either that, or my reaction times have dropped considerably since last I played the series.

gggmork said:

The music for megaman 2/3 is so incredible that I always hated when protoman's stupid whistle disrupted it and made the loop start over.

when you play proto man mode each life starts with the whistle. I did like the whole proto man theme played at the end of the game.

speaking of mega man music...

VileSlay said:
speaking of mega man music...

And this is why I love the internet.

MEGABUMP 9 super edition

I finally got over my microtransaction rage and PLAYED THIS BITCH. AND I FINALLY BEAT IT. Was it worth it? YES. Is my family concerned? very.

Just a reminder, Disregard what I said earlier, I suck cocks, and GET THIS GAME. Your life is not complete without it, and I was a dick for telling CAPCOM their idea sucked. Now that I can actually afford some damn games I don't feel that bad about paying what I would for the original games anyway.

My thoughts on it? It's a time machine of awesome. It's got all the frustrations you'd expect, from those FUCKING LIFTS to gutsman blocks, plus so much action on every screen you'll wish real life was this fun.

In conclusion, this is electronic crack. Be sure to nab a copy. You won't regret it. Your controller however, will. hope you got good drywall!

Gonna slog through protoman mode next week. FINALLY I CAN CHARGE MAH LAZOR.

P.S. I really miss the turbo button........So much for the NES ADVANTAGE.

Jodwin said:

Still waiting for the never-to-come PC version.

I'm waiting for someone to go balls to the wall and release a ROM compatible with NES emulators.