Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Doom. Why is it such a satisfying game to play?

Kyka said:
The evidence seems to me to be just as scientific and just as hard for intelligent design. The key difference is simply that it is far less widely accepted.

Intelligent design is not science; it's a political mix-up of religion and science.

Its a pity that you gotta use religion as your straw man that you use to knock down to make your point.

By saying I am making a straw man you're assuming you understand religion better than I do and that my argument is misconstruing it. This isn't directly supported in any way by your argument, which makes the call on straw-manning rather presumptuous or inadequate.

Dogma (belief) is religion's main asset, so I don't see how I'm misconstruing anything. I'm saying that science becomes dogmatic if reduced to the objective, and that science is not religion, because to science dogma is largely a development problem, while to religion dogma becomes a problem only when it clashes with societal change or difference, for the most part, and is otherwise essential.

GreyGhost said:
Which one do you think would make the better DooM player - McCain or Obama?

Heh, McCain might actually make a better player... but also a better monster in the game (at least he's ugly enough).

myk said:

Intelligent design is not science; it's a political mix-up of religion and science.

Bro, I say this with total tongue in cheek, but that statement is decidedly dogmatic. :P

Myk, I apologise if I came across as thinking that my understanding of religion or science is beyond yours. My perspective is simply different from yours, and I meant no arrogance or implication that I know better than you.

Mostly I agree with the things you have been saying.

*In regards to McCain or Obama making the better Doom player (Kyka nods knowingly in Grey Ghost's direction) I wouldnt have a clue on account of I am from Australia, and don't know much about either one's political stance, much less their Doom playing abilities.

From what I have read, I kinda like John Mcain.

I like it cause it's simple.Run through the level,find the keys,shoot the demons,exit.That and I love old school fps.I still play the hell outta Marathon:Durandal and Blood.

Jim Rainer said:

It's simplicity is the main reason. Just boot it up and shoot the shit out of everything.

What he said.

Even if Mr. Rainer's character is not only from the wrong game, but also from the wrong genre, he still makes a valid point.

At last, we are back on topic.

Kyka said:
At last, we are back on topic.

If you start a thread, be ready for related (or even distantly related) side topics. Starting thread doesn't dictate their content and people are free to take it in different directions. If mods think something is out of place, they will move it.