Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Drawn by Pain

I’m 21 and I don’t get today’s scene already. I don’t get the magic behind today’s music, Indy movies like this was the only escape from the nine-dollar shit pit movies that saturate today’s theater. And today’s art is a Hodge podge of every gender known. I just don’t get today’s media at all.

In-fact I want some incite. Is today’s shit-storm pop culter driving you ill like me? Or is there a puzzle piece I can’t seem to fit.

Technician said:

And today’s art is a Hodge podge of every gender known.

as far as i'm aware there's just male and female, art can't have just one gender in it

Nobody likes everything. Lots of people like almost nothing. Find a sort of culture that you can appreciate and don't sweat the rest.

So this is a trailer of a movie yet to come or something? I think it's safe to say that it looks pretty gay, and using this as the example of popular culture today is hardly plausible.

I'm confused. What is this video? And why do you think it represents today's pop culture? I'm not saying that I necessarily like modern pop culture--frankly, I'm quite indifferent to it--but I can't see your point when I don't even know what this stupid video is. :( (The movie trailer thing sounds plausible, in which case it will almost certainly suck by the looks of it.)

Technician said:

In-fact I want some incite.

Alright. Your mother's a ten cent whore, and you're a bulbous waste of oxygen.

I'm not sure what's going on in this thread, but the series in question looks like absolute shit. I cringed pretty hard when i saw the ad for it after one of the zeropunctuation reviews.

I saw something with white cartoons coming off some characters, usually as half-naked figures supposedly cutting other half-naked figures, all badly drawn. Did you really see this or something else?

Anyway, I'm more likely to think it's a boring bad idiotic pointless deviant art (no relation to that site, hell).

I'm sick of anime cliches. But I'm not gonna ask for "western" drawings instead, because I know it, they're still drawn by the same guys who do animes/mangas/whever. Just don't watch TV and you'll be fine. Avoid TV.

EDIT: I tend to believe that Technician meant "genre", not "gender". Ugh, I hate misspellings.

printz said:

Just don't watch TV and you'll be fine. Avoid TV.

Quoted for truth.

Well if you are nostolgic of a previous time period, well sucks to say that things change. New fads come in no matter if people like them are not. I'm gonna agree with printz in that avoiding a lot of TV will be of some benefit.

Inferno said:

I'm gonna agree with printz in that avoiding a lot of TV will be of some benefit.

Some benefit? I'd say great benefit. I've never ever owned a TV and I can attest (having my tv-inundated childhood with which to compare). But what does this have to do with TV? This shit will never be on TV. It has like 400 hits per episode on youtube.

Luckily though it's a gem of unintentional hilarity, if you can laugh through the wincing. It may be the most retarded thing I've ever seen, keeping in mind that I worked at a State School for 4 years.

Yeah, I stopped watching TV after I moved out on my own and realised cable is way too expensive. I'm not really missing much IMHO. If there's a TV series that seems interesting, I'll download it, and if it's really good, I'll buy it on DVD. I can't stand how TV dictates to you when you have to watch stuff and splices ads into your viewing constantly. That's no way to entertain yourself.

I do, however, miss all those documentaries on the History Channel and Conan O'Brien. Oh well...

I understand what technician is saying. I'm sitting here wearing a Nirvana T-shirt, drinking a Coke brand coke, smoking the the Marlboro cigarette whilst typing on my Dell laptop. I don't need the Nirvana shirt, local bands are better. I don't need this coke, generic soda at any grocery store is just as good. I can build a computer better than this laptop. As for the cigarette, well, PM has a monopoly, so there's not much I can do there. But these are all souvenirs from my earlier days in high school and junior high. pop culture is all about buying the brand, not the product. same with watching a movie, you're for actors, names like Disney and Dreamworks. Its all about buying something "cool" and not thing thing itself. Like this shitty drawing... stuff

JohnnyRancid said:

So this is a trailer of a movie yet to come or something?

its a trailer for a series of webisodes about the girl with the sword. I only watched the trailer, but it looks mildly interesting. the chick is pretty cute.

Patrick Pineda said:

I understand what technician is saying. I'm sitting here wearing a Nirvana T-shirt, drinking a Coke brand coke, smoking the the Marlboro cigarette whilst typing on my Dell laptop. I don't need the Nirvana shirt, local bands are better. I don't need this coke, generic soda at any grocery store is just as good. I can build a computer better than this laptop. As for the cigarette, well, PM has a monopoly, so there's not much I can do there. But these are all souvenirs from my earlier days in high school and junior high. pop culture is all about buying the brand, not the product. same with watching a movie, you're for actors, names like Disney and Dreamworks. Its all about buying something "cool" and not thing thing itself. Like this shitty drawing... stuff

Well I don't, i buy Coke because it's nicer than Tesco's stuff, i throw on whatever t-shirt is on top of the pile, i bought my (Time) laptop because it had the best HD, RAM and Graphics card for the price (just a shame about the shitty customer service and non-working P key).
Also the swords suddenly appearing in her hands was done in Nikolai Dante 11 years ago

I listen to bands from around the world, I don't drink soda or smoke cigs cause they're bad for my body, and my Dell was a gift from my parents and I'm too poor to afford something else. All the food I have is generic Safeway brand because it's the cheapest.

What the Hell was this thread about anyway?

Technician said:

I’m 21 and I don’t get today’s scene already. I don’t get the magic behind today’s music, Indy movies like this was the only escape from the nine-dollar shit pit movies that saturate today’s theater. And today’s art is a Hodge podge of every gender known. I just don’t get today’s media at all.

In-fact I want some incite. Is today’s shit-storm pop culter driving you ill like me? Or is there a puzzle piece I can’t seem to fit.

Welcome to the club.

Danarchy said:
What the Hell was this thread about anyway?

I re-read this thread like 3 times and I still don't know what the fuck.

VileSlay is right though that chick is pretty cute :V

Captain Red said:

that chick is pretty cute :V

i've seen better

Patrick Pineda said:

i've seen better

I don't recall him saying Best Female Human That Ever Was.