Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

So I guess Iikka Keranen works at valve

el oh el

I was watching the commentaries for Team Fortress 2 (I got orange box last week omg is it awesome yes) and recognized his name in one of the cp_well commentaries. I thought omg I think that's the guy who made level 13 in Requiem which is like my favorite level ever or something. Awesome! Then I looked him up on wikipedia and discovered he made Argentan in Day of Defeat. Crazy, I played that level a million times! And always thought that the design of it was a bit silly, but anyway, cool beans.

Also, wow, the orange box is amazing.

I don't like cp_well - the CTF mode at least. Much prefer Dustbowl and Gravelpit.

I've actually never gotten to play on cp_well, nor hydro. Dustbowl, gold rush, gravelpit, and 2fort are way too overplayed. My favorite is fastlane. I'm wearing socks.

Iikka Keranen gets around alot. He also used to work for Looking Glass and Ion Storm iirc.
If you ask me, I think his past excels is in his Quake work (AirQuake, ikspq, those damn ikbase textures i see in every damn new map) rather than his Doom stuff.

Valve assimilates alot. Ben Morris for example (the author of DCK) is there as well.

Someone called Justin Fisher is credited as a level designer on Amaze Entertainment's Shrek the Third.

Casali has worked for Valve since pre-HL 1, so about ten years or so. Iikka has been there a long time as well. According to Valve's people page he started in 2001. I don't think Ben Morris is there anymore, he isn't listed on the people page, and according to his MobyGames bio he was only credited on Half Life 1, before moving onto the greener pastures of, uh, Piranha Games, makers of that all time PC classic, "Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza". The fact that Worldcraft/Hammer's interface hasn't really changed in a decade also points to the fact that nobody is employed to work on it.