Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Black Metal

Decorate monsters question (sort of basic)

Monsters are pretty cool. New ones that is. So obviously I went over to realm 667 to try some new stuff for my biggest best wad yet.
I'd say about... 85-90% of them load.

What about the 10% that don't load?

Well... my question is why don't they load?

For example, some times I get an error message saying "Missile1 cannot be found" and crashes. I know how to add decorate monsters (I use XWE and have some in my map working like a charm), but for some even by themselves... they just don't work.
Does anyone know why? Should I compile it in "Doom in hexen format"?

Let me give you an example:
Lets say I made a fresh new map-- nothing XWE'd in it or anything. I make a 2 room thing, add a player, exit, to go XWE and add the "Hell Apprentice" Quick link to Hell Apprentice Page

So, I open my map, and I merge the HA.wad with my wad. Looks good to go.

I re open doombuilder, load my test map, place the decorate on the map. Save, node build... looks great!

I run it, and this happens:
**PS: I have the doom collectors edition, just i had to erase some crap and only added the plutonia package.

Any advice? Thanks.

Two possibilities:

1. Your (G)ZDoom is out of date. Go look on the ZDoom wiki for the link to Nash's SVN builds and get the one with the highest number, then try again.

2. The DECORATE code included in the monster is incomplete or bogus. First make sure #1 is false, then email Torm about it.

Gez said:

Two possibilities:

1. Your (G)ZDoom is out of date. Go look on the ZDoom wiki for the link to Nash's SVN builds and get the one with the highest number, then try again.

2. The DECORATE code included in the monster is incomplete or bogus. First make sure #1 is false, then email Torm about it.

You are god.
Thanks very much it worked; my version was old.

One question if you check this, should I always check his DL stuff every month for new updates? Is there a main site besides his "no html" database I can bookmark?

Just the ZDoom wiki. It'll always have a link for the latest release (as well as a couple of articles on how to compile the SVN yourself, if you want to try). Official releases of ZDoom are few and far between so most people use SVN builds.