Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nekr0s1s

DuduKrazy's Guns III Public Beta

Mod Title: DuduKrazy's Guns III
Source Port: GZDoom (May work on ZDoom as well.)
Project Completion Status: About 90 - 95%

Description:
DuduKrazy's Guns III, as the name obviously suggests, is the third installment on the DuduCrazy's Guns weapon mod series. (fourth if you count DuduCrazy's Guns SE) The mod is heavily inspired by the japanese culture, as well as some games like Shadow Warrior, the Shinobi series (16-bit era), etc.

Features:

- 15 New weapons, ranging from traditional ninja weaponry to modern and futuristic ones.

- Two new HUDs: A Doom tech demo-like helmet hud, and a new fullscreen HUD.

- New Powerups like the Ninja Scroll and the Time Stop Device.

- ACS scripts that should work with any Doom level.

- Better gibs and decals from the Nashgore mod

- Allied marines spawnable at any time with a new inventory item: the Teleporter Beacon.

- A few other GZDoom exclusive eye-candy like dynamic lights and texture glow

- Walljumping. (Press the space bar while running towards a wall)

- And more

More details at http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17889

Watch the early version trailer and the new teaser trailer at

youtube.com/dudukrazy

Public Beta Download Link here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/132503228/Le-guns3.rar.html (The link is updated often!)

I got this from wildweasel a few months ago, its buggy as hell. have you fixed any of the problems? but i liked the ideas and some of your previous mods. i'll have a look

its pretty well done. would love to have reloading available on the pistols, ar, and some other bullet weapons, but dono if you like that idea.

the sword deflect was a great idea

Tamashii said:

its pretty well done. would love to have reloading available on the pistols, ar, and some other bullet weapons, but dono if you like that idea.

the sword deflect was a great idea

All of Dudu's gun mods don't reload. This is fine by me, as I feel it retains the "classic" feel to it.

Overall, here are a few suggestions I would make. (1) The graphics for the hands holding the guns should not be so dark, because sometimes they look like big, black blobs. Especially the throwing knives. Making a cleaner animation for this would be nice. Since this is for GZDoom, i'd suggest using PNGs so you aren't limited to a palette. (2) The Ninja powered BFG keeps killing me. I dunno if that's intentional. (3) get another graphic for the time-stop device (4) The Small hud could be more compact. The bullet indicator would be more useful if it showed a different bullet or ammo type every time.

Definitely cool. The uber-recoil bothers me a little and the kicking animation switches between the first style and into a second one that looks like the Duke kick.

Mod Updates:

- Remade the fullscreen HUD and the Desert Eagles sprites. they should look much better now.

- The Katana alt-fire splash bug has been fixed.

- added a new teleporter fog.

Is that the Halo 2 BR I see in there? Nice. I'll have to try this out. Though I would like to see reloading, as it adds strategy to the game, don't feel like you need to add it just because I said something about it.

Holy CRAP this kicks ass.

One little thing--when I run out of Kunai, it moves to some other rocket launcher model. And the rockets look a bit different. I can't seem to access this model otherwise, nor can I figure out how to access the jetpack.

How do I access them, if at all? :x

Oridez said:

Holy CRAP this kicks ass.

One little thing--when I run out of Kunai, it moves to some other rocket launcher model. And the rockets look a bit different. I can't seem to access this model otherwise, nor can I figure out how to access the jetpack.

How do I access them, if at all? :x

the jetpack is a pretty rare weapon. it "replaces" the invulnerability sphere.

DuduCrazy said:

the jetpack is a pretty rare weapon. it "replaces" the invulnerability sphere.

I figured out the weapons, heh. Silly me.

And I noticed when playing my map. Some of the invuln spheres were jetpacks.

Ok, a few more suggestions (maybe I'll put these in your mod journal at DRDTeam as well)

(1)The Powered Up Chaingun sound doesn't play all the time, consider fixing this

(2) Make the battle rifle a little more powerful. Also, it would be nice if it shot in bursts. A little more accuracy would be appropriate. Because of the high rate of fire, I'd also suggest that you increase the clip capacity, because I run out of ammo for it very quickly.

(3) Personally, I liked the original powered-up kick (how it sent out "waves" when you kicked) i thought that was pretty kick-ass (no pun intended) the grappling hook is just kinda lame IMO.

(4)Get better graphics for your supermassive giant BFG ball. it looks ugly

Patrick Pineda said:
(4)Get better graphics for your supermassive giant BFG ball. it looks ugly

where can i find better graphics for the giant BFG ball?

DuduCrazy said:

where can i find better graphics for the giant BFG ball?

i'd be more than happy to whip some up for you in gimp or photoshop. otherwise, try looking in the GZRP or in some of Keksdose's particle packs. I think it would be cool to use the Doom64 bfgball/blast. I'll post some stuff in your mod journal at DRDTeam.

TomoAlien said:

Cool, but i can't do walljump.

run towards a wall and press the jump key. may be tricky at first, but it should be easy once you practice this a lot. some good maps to practice this are:

Doom 2:

-Map 20
-Map 31 and 32
-Map 15

Ultimate Doom:

-E2M8
-E1M4
-E4M3
-E3M1/E3M9

don't forget to bind the key you want to use for Jump + Walljump. by default it's the Space Bar.

Updates:

- One more bug fixed

- Remade the Fusion Cannon projectile and the RPG-8 hud weapon sprites. They should look much better now!

Updates:

- Remade the fists and added some new attacks.

- New crosshair added.

does anyone else have found any issues or something that could be improved? i just want to know.

can you put up a new download link will all the fixes?

Updates:

- i decided to scrap the jetpack and reimplement the UACRV* from the early versions of the mod. This time it will be a new player class rather than just a summonable "weapon".

º This new class cannot pickup and/or use any other weapons aside from the starting one. I will give this starting weapon infinite ammo and an alternate fire mode.

º Using the IDKFA/IDFA cheats, as well as the "give weapons" console command will no longer give all the weapons as i used the +CHEATNOTWEAPON flag on most of the weapons. I had to do this because i could still use the other weapons when using the codes while playing as the ship.

* stands for UAC Reconaissance Vehicle. Uses a modified Recon Car sprite from Duke Nukem 3D and the cockpit from Battlecruiser 3000AD. (the ship's cockpit is the only good thing about this game.)

updated beta version is out. check the first post for the download link.
basically it's a bugfix version and some changed sprites.

Holy hell, that was so much fun! The UAC vehicle thing seemed a bit to powerful, but was satisfying. All of the weapons feel great, except for maybe the recoil on the br (the chaingun has less recoil.) It would also be cool to have reloads (though this has already been addressed) as well as having scoped weapons (such as the br and railgun) actually use the scope. However, this still kicks so much ass. Cant wait to see the final version of the wad.