Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Whats the largest Doom/Doom2 level in the world?

Does anybody know what WAD has by the far largest Doom or Doom 2 level in the world? I searched for this in the forum and on google but i found nothing so far. :(

Probably either Deus Vult map05, or KDiZD z1m10 (which was large enough to require ZDoom's compressed segs, and to nearly hit the 65535 sidedefs limit).

A really big one that I am working on is "Portals". It has 4321 sectors and 41408 sidedefs. Heh, and it's still not done :P. Plus, it takes me about 2 hours to play through the whole level.

KDiZD Z1M4 with 62658 sidedefs and 35420 linedefs. Z1M10 is a close second with 61367 sidedefs and 34432 linedefs.

It all depends what you mean by big. A single sector could, presumably, be stretched to the "physical" dimension limits of a Doom map. It would be big but it wouldn't have many lines.

Equally, would packing the maximum number of lines into the smallest possible space count?

If you are considering lines, do control sectors or - even better - useless lines, for example, spelling out the authors name in the void - count or other lines that don't need to exist?

Perhaps there are other ways to define "big" too?

Enjay said:

It all depends what you mean by big. A single sector could, presumably, be stretched to the "physical" dimension limits of a Doom map. It would be big but it wouldn't have many lines.

Equally, would packing the maximum number of lines into the smallest possible space count?

If you are considering lines, do control sectors or - even better - useless lines, for example, spelling out the authors name in the void - count or other lines that don't need to exist?

Perhaps there are other ways to define "big" too?

I mean the map that takes the longest to complete.

I should think the biggest by geographical area is DV Map 05. There was an older one before it set in a "factory" with a huge outdoor area and several buildings to explore. Some of Guilio Glassi's Gammara series have gigantic stupid rooms, too. But they arent fun to play

Some Zdoom hubs may be counted as "one map" if you're going for time to complete. Same with Don's Challenge 1... which is all the maps of E1 (with edits like slightly more detail and loads of crates) put into one area.

For the number lines/sides/sectors crammed in. Vrack 3/KDiZD/DV Map 05/something from Eternal/RTC... take your pick. In fact a test to find the most "ubar overdetailz0r" may be interesting.

Graf Zahl:
For me, so far it has been the ZDoom community map.

Ya, same for me. Though, the map that I am working on will probably be pretty close to it.

hardcore_gamer said:

I mean the map that takes the longest to complete.

The maps in mordeth obviously.

TomoAlien said:

MAP20 of Alien Vendetta.

I am sure, that map20 of AV is the biggest map for vanilla doom2.exe, it was made specific for that.