24  |  0:13  | 
 25  |  0:21  | 
 26  |  0:39  | 
 27  |  0:43  | 
 28  |  1:19  | 
 29  |  0:57  | 
 30  |  0:16  | 
Total time - 13 minutes 37 seconds

Here is another TAS-movie by me. I'm not going to write a lot of stuff here, a txt-file is included in a package, you can find lots of flood there :)
I highly recommend to use prboom-plus with smooth demo playback turned on. Yes, i could and should have tried to smoothen my mouse turns, but i didn't, so the demo has kind of built-look in places. Hope you won't curse me for that and will enjoy the show regardless.
p.s. As far as i remember (lazy to count now), there are 10 glides, 6 rocket jumps, 8 rocket boosts and 6 AV jumps inside.

30pl1337.zip

O M G... going to watch it, great job !

Edit : 13:37, you're a fucking leet !

Great effort (and a "perfect" time!) - watching it now.

First thought that comes to mind is how nice it is to see some glides done that had been mentioned before as "must be possible", but not demonstrated until now.

Second thought is: why is the map16 time 0:23 when the compet-n record is 0:20 (and not optimal)? Edit: Ah, OK, you mention that in the txt. :(

Another comment: in the txt you mention that you couldn't get a wallrun in map04. I haven't checked, but if you mean you failed in a place where Sedlo was able to wallrun, then it could be explained by the fact that his was a TASMBF demo, which allows wallruns in extra directions.

1337 indeed... I've never seen that many glides in a single recording! Gliding past the crusher on MAP26 in particular was cool. I also liked the MAP17 demo, with three rocket jumps in five seconds. Sedlo's TAS was already looking great; yours is even better! Nice job!

As for MAP16, the reason Ocelot's Compet-n demo is faster is because the perpetually-moving platform lowered immediately instead of doing so after a delay. Perpetually-moving platforms are bitchy to deal with in a regular run because whether they move up, move down, or stop (if they're the same height as the highest adjacent sector) the moment you cross the activation line is completely random. If you TAS, however, you can rerecord the same line-crossing moment over and over again until you get the result you want, which is how your run of MAP16 can be improved.

Nevertheless, congratulations!

Awesome work. Seeing Plutonia done this way makes me feel good :)

EDIT : well, the date is wrong, you obviously did it the 6th july, not june - but nobody cares, not even me in fact...

awesome time !!!!

Nice to see all these tricks everybody knew possible finally done in one neat demo :D

Very cool. I found it especially awesome that you managed 5 seconds for map18. I hope you find something else to do next. I would personally like to see either Requiem or TNT but please do whatever you find interests you.

Maybe TVR would be a good choice for a new movie run: mostly short maps, plenty of tricks (esp. glides) and a wad that pretty much everyone seems to like.

I'd like to see that Scythe run completed, even if it would be the shortest 30 level demo ever recorded.

Very nice demo to watch, especially with all the tricks and routes being used for the first time. I noticed you triggered the rising wall on lv28, this isn't too hard to avoid and would have saved ~3 seconds. The rest was flawless though :)

entryway said:

17th level is the best. There are three RJ in 5 sec demo :)

I think it too :) The screen is fully red all the time :D

Wow! Awesome movie! Congratulations!

Ryback said:

I'd like to see that Scythe run completed, even if it would be the shortest 30 level demo ever recorded.

When I finished to record Memento Mori movie, I have done first 12 levels of Scythe. But I can’t finish all 30 levels in the near future, because I am very busy at this time. :(
May be I will finish it in next year. :)

Desyncs for me on level 3 with prboom plus 2.4.8.3 beta (when I drag and drop the wad and lmp into prboom-plus.exe). Do I have to do something more complicated like set rocket jumps or wall running to 'on' or something or do fancy 'complevel 9' stuff or whatever? I should have v9 of doom2 and had smooth playback set.

I saw that hell revealed TAS awhile ago and that was fantastic by the way.

gggmork said:

Desyncs for me on level 3 with prboom plus 2.4.8.3 beta (when I drag and drop the wad and lmp into prboom-plus.exe)

It should happen in the first level at the end, because in your EXE monsters do not drop an ammo after death. It happened in the last but one revision (chex stuff). Fixed.

Desyncs for me at map03 too if i do this:
"prboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file plutonia.wad -playdemo 30pl1337.lmp"
And desyncs in vanilla doom too, because it uses Final Doom compatibility, (which had some differences in the code) and thus should be watched with complevel 4. Simply add the -complevel 4 parameter in a line above. Also works fine if you run it as follows (i believe Grazza's patterns use this way to run plutonia demos automatically):
prboom-plus.exe -iwad plutonia.wad -playdemo 30pl1337.lmp

That was great.
I seem to remember once on 25, where there are 4 chaingunners in front of 4 switches, I somehow went in the backside of the warp without having to hit the switches. However I was probably using zdoom and the memory is hazy so not sure if its possible.

I believe your memory fails you, but you opened my eyes on a shortcut, thanks :)
Attached a TAS demo completing map25 in 0:14 from scratch.
Btw it is possible to glide behind the red pillars to make the trick easier and less random (if you have an experience with glides of course).

pl25-014.zip

Yeah, that's what I meant :)
I just tried again and can't do it with prboom, but its very easy with zdoom 2.2.0 (I don't know how to do tricky glides and stuff though).

One of the coolest things I remember from the hell revealed demo was map 12 (I think- starts being surrounded by imps) where you apparently went underneath a spider mastermind through its legs.. (if I remember right)

Good idea, i haven't even thought about it. Will try to do something before September. Well, it'll be more like 13:23 i guess =)

Ok I have a thought. I think this may be a longshot, but on map09, how big is the gap to the exit. I know it's huge, but perhaps if you grab an invulnerability sphere and set up like 3 or 4 rockets to reach the same spot at the same time, is the boost enough to get across?

xit-vono said:

Ok I have a thought. I think this may be a longshot, but on map09, how big is the gap to the exit. I know it's huge, but perhaps if you grab an invulnerability sphere and set up like 3 or 4 rockets to reach the same spot at the same time, is the boost enough to get across?

That would be pretty damn impressive.

On MAP28, at the blue key room, i managed to avoid the door closing... accidently. Probably I have skipped a linedef somehow (like in E3M1?). Notice it has been done on ZDaemon, but I guess it is also possible on a vanilla doom port. Perhaps you should try it...

I've had that happen in a nightmare speed run for compet-n. It's one of the easier linedefs to not trigger in Doom actually - a lot like the rising wall in e2m4 on the nm100s route.

I've redone everything from map25 up to map30, incorporating map25 glide, map26 and map28 linedef skips, and map30 bfg end, and managed to save 21 seconds. New movie is 13:16 long. The demo (along with a slightly edited textfile) is attached, and also you can see it on my youtube channel with some subtitle commentaries:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EiPXI8dE0
Video was captured with glboom-plus' viddump function, 1280x1024 resolution, and slight demo smoothening. There's nothing of particular interest in commentary, and it's mostly added for those who are not familiar with doom tricks and plutonia routes, but it could contain some fun otherwise unnoticable facts i guess.
Also i'm not going to redo map16, manipulating the rng proved to be too much of pain in the ass. I can live with this 4sec loss. Now it's time to start working on d2reloaded movie :) Enjoy this shortie meanwhile.

30pl1316.zip

Nice "invisible" glide in MAP25. After watching the run the first time and reading your comments I was like, "Glide? What glide?" I had to dig around in an editor to see exactly what was going on there. Note that the teleport line is 16 units away from the wall, not 32.

Also, you're much more aggressive with rocket boosting in the redone levels. It makes me wonder what the rest of the run would look like if you did it again.

Oh, it means i messed up again then, probably need to fix the explanation. Derp! Thanks for feedback.
Also most likely i wouldnt be able to save much time if i redid everything from start again, not enough to get under 13:00 at least. Half of maps would remain the same. And health is a big issue in the first 20 maps, so i'm not expecting i could rocketjump more often. If some new tricks pop up (e.g. yet unfound void glides) i would consider redoing the whole movie. Now it's just not worth the effort.
Now that i thought of void tricks, one movie that could be vastly improved is entryway's e2uv-342. Getting under 3 minutes is definitely possible. Nooo, seems like i'll be distracted from planned khorus&d2reload movies again.