Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aalexanderrr

aalduel1.wad ( WIP)

Hello, I need some feedback about my first duel map for a Skulltag mod.

Piccies : http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/aalexanderrr/DOOM0003.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/aalexanderrr/DOOM0002.jpg

( overall layout and some not-so-bad looking spot)

Download : http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/210313b6cd_0.13MB

Any kind of feedback will be appreciated especially about visual appearance and stuff. :)

The visuals are appealing to me. But if there was some way to make the brown platform a little less brown, that would be good. Maybe swap in some different wall textures in a few different places - a few different colored panels maybe? I don't know, I'm just throwing some ideas out there. :) The layout feels pretty open, from the pictures, I'm curious to see how it would play. Hope to hear more from you.

Yeah the layout looks cool. It could use a new sky and maybe something else on the horizon (just some rocks or something; a plain horizon looks... plain).

Looks like something you would find in Q3A. I do like the design.... nice and simple. Gameplay is impossible to tell. What weapons are you planning to put on this level? it looks like something that lends itself to simple weapons... shotty, DBshotty. chaingun.

Also what tango said.. a little more something around the edges would be really good...

Looks promising tho.

Edited first post with DL link included.

QUOTE : But if there was some way to make the brown platform a little less brown, that would be good. Maybe swap in some different wall textures in a few different places ...

Yeah I will think about it, but I think random colored map won't look good, texturing will be inconsistent, that's what I am afraid of.

QUOTE: It could use a new sky and maybe something else on the horizon (just some rocks or something; a plain horizon looks... plain).

Fiiixed, dl the wad and check out the poor attempt to replicate UT3, LOL! Jokes aside tho, I added some rocks and stuff, it indeed looked pretty empty.

Thanks ! :)

The map looks better now. The rock formation/bits of detail are nice. I ran around a bit and the layout seems alright. I noticed that the gray rock sector that surrounded the brown platform also poisoned you. This seems a little strange, unless this is to prevent players from hiding on this little rocky ledge? If that's the case, I guess I can understand why you wouldn't want players hanging out right there. Maybe make a few more duel maps to go with this - because that would be cool.

Yeah, those rocks that surround arena intentionally hurt players, otherwise they can think of a way to hide/camp/cheat - whatever you like, lol. Thank you very much for your feedback!