Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oridez

Hellorfield [Fiction - Safe for now]

[Prologue]

It was just starting to get dark out, the quickly dimming twilight of the evening flooding through the window-walls and door connecting to the balcony of my apartment. I was changing, getting ready for the next day, the day I get interviewed for a job at Erawtfos Di(more on them later). Then my friend John, twenty-one years of age with semi-long brown hair, had just come over to my place, with no beforehand call, so I was completely unprepared for his just barging in. This would normally be cool with me--we play some games, usually something called MooD by the FPS gaming pioneers at Erawtfos Di. But not today. Nooo, not today.

"Heeeyyyy Orion! Let us cele---..." He abruptly ended his sentence after the door slammed open, blinking and looking at me, because, well...

Because he caught me with my trousers down. And not my outer trousers.

Sure, we'd caught sneak peeks of each other at the nearby pool changing room, along with other sweaty, stinky guys changing into their swimming outfits, but it was usually followed by various childish pointing and man-giggling. But this...

This was damn awkward and uncomfortable!

"JESUS CHRIST MAN, CLOSE THE DOOR!" I yelled at him, attempting to move. He closed the door, but he was inside. Because of this, I was tripping over myself as I attempted to hop back into my underpants and hide behind the couch at the same time. This wasn't entirely successful. I tripped forward after I turned around. Now, somehow I managed to get my front covered, but my ass was still bare as I tripped. And that wasn't the worst of it. As I tripped, I found myself falling forward, catching the arm of the sofa square in the knockers before falling to the side slowly.

Y'know, like in those television cartoon shows, kind of like when they slowly slide down glass.

Not even a minute after this happened, and as I was attempting to quell the pain, John's laughter(a heartfelt one by the sound of it) rang in my ears. As did something else. Some sort of mechanical grinding noise mixed with a scream.

Now, in hindsight, I probably should have payed more attention to that, but where I lived in New York, screams and other noise were quite common, sadly enough. Though this one sounded kind of off. Even so, I found myself curling up into a fetal position as I instead concentrated on fending the pain off from my groin and mentally cursing at John rather than the strange noise.

A couple dozen minutes later, I came from the kitchen, carrying two cans of Llub Der, an energy soda. All sodas are energy drinks basically, why should this be called an 'energy soda'?... Anyways, I was once more fully clothed, clad in a darkish orange tee and black vest, unzipped so that my tee showed through, and wearing black jeans with various straps sewn against the denim and connected by a chain or metal loop or whatever here and there. Moving over to John, who had just moved from hooking up my 32 inch television to my computer and loading the mod that I had for MooD II which allowed simultaneous two-player gaming on the same screen and then over to my sofa, I passed him the Llub Der as we sat and he held out a hand with a wireless controller, which the mod also had compatibility with.

"Here you go," we each said as we exchanged energy soda for controller.

During the earlier double-dozen minutes, we had made up and talked a bit, then a mutual silence followed, signifying that we both agreed never to speak of it again. Until we were at least 50 years old. I was 22, so that left another 28 years. Whoopie. Little did we know that we'd soon forget in the face of other things.

So sometime later, as nighttime darkness was washed away by the lights of the never-sleeping city and the television screen on the opposite wall, we got to the thirtieth level of the game, the Nis fo Noci, a level with a gigantic face on the wall and a 'brain' that we had to blow two rockets into. We raced around to get the power-ups and beat it first. I let loose the first couple rockets into the 'brain', before John stole the elevator for the last one. I aimed my BFG at him, attempting to take him from behind before he stole the win, but he let loose his rocket before my BFG projectile fired.

The rocket went in, he was giddy beside me. Just when I anticipated the rockets explosion, that's when it all Hell broke loose.

"HAH, IT'S MINE SUCKE--" John was cut off as a truly enormous rumble shook the building, not only causing various stuff I had cluttered around the apartment to fall off various surfaces and shelves, but also cutting off all lights and power to the game. If only that was our greatest issue at hand.

'Ah, Hell,' was what I was thinking as I just so happened to look behind me and notice the wall bulging before we we were blown forward, flipping with our hind ends still attached to the couch.

[Cliffhangers are my specialty. Don't worry, it'll pick up in the next chapters.]