Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

My (probably) last hurrah.

Remiel losered for posts in this thread. Being a smartass is one thing, but being a complete jerk is another.

esselfortium said:

Wait, who's being childish in this thread? o_O

Both, but Hero has realized the errors of his conduct, which is admirable in it's own way. It shows character and maturity to admit when you're wrong. Remiel did not seem the least bit ashamed of himself. He was not displaying much maturity at all.

Well, seeing as how I have no prior knowledge to your personality I can only judge you by what I see in this thread. I must say your work is impressive,so it is always unfortunate to see someone with talent leave (hopefully you'll be back :) As for the conduct of the thread, I agree with DD when he says that it takes a mature character to to admit your faults.

Hope to hear back from you soon :)

herooftime1000 said:

Use3d. I owe you an apology. I am in no way a retard or anything like that. It's just...well, I was defensive on my ideas. But, you are right. They are stupid and I was a jerk for not listening.

I'm still gonna go. I need to find myself.

*Sigh* Well I got your PM and you seem to be feeling better so I'll just keep this short since DeathDestiny and others pretty much got it covered.

First, in no way was any of this a personal attack on you, which you seemed to be hellbent on making it into such. Also, for the record I wouldn't even have bothered in this thread had you not called me out in this first place.

Lets go over my original statements that led to this point, first, I wasn't all that impressed with your ideas being centered around intellectual property owned by someone else. Now obviously that's just a preference and opinion of my own, I'm sure theres hundred of people who eat this fanfiction style stuff up. I was just a little surprised that someone would put such effort and work into something that technically doesn't belong to them. I'll always praise or take interest in original material over anything of this nature.

Second was my criticism of your sister's art, in that she seems to choose an anime style before learning any basics of human form, perspective or proportions. This happens all the time, we've seen it a billion times, it all looks the same, and fortunately anyone serious enough to do art usually grows out of it once they're surrounded by people who draw circles around them they realize that all those years drawing big eyed skinny aliens didn't pay off.
You gotta understand, when you post art on a forum, you're going to get a few people that know a thing or two about art, and I've been in the classes with the anime kids, ask them to draw the muscles in the human back and they're totally lost. Obviously this approach to drawing isn't for everybody, and I'm not going to stand here and shrug off anyone who didn't study Michaelangelo or some shit, but for true anime style to really get good, you gotta start at the basics, I didn't really see evidence of such.

So should you drop everything and leave? No of course not. Should you call your ideas stupid and stop making anything? No, not that either. The lesson here is if you get criticism that challenges your ideas, there might be something to gain in that. Separate you personal attachment to the work and let it stand on it's own. If it can't, well, it might not be worth doing, and realize that what you do simply isn't going to appeal to everyone.

So stick around, people have done much, much worse and they're still here.

Use3D said:

yeah. i posted a link to the entire content of a Doom 2 iwad online. Warez essentially. I didn't get banned. the mods were nice enough to remove the link and let me live. unfortunately Bloodshedder still has my big toe :(

Regardless, Use3D is right, I've seen the unfortunate after-effects of the Anime-generation and some fairly good artists who could put their time and talent to better use. It doesn't make them any less talented, I'm just not a fan of it.

As for Doom mapping, I myself haven't mapped for years. I've been mainly making weapons mods for ZDoom/GZDoom. Just do whatever suits you. Lately I've been lazy and just reviewing wads and trolling providing helpful input around the forums.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I am Darkhaven and I am still here.

Your move, Herooftime.

Use3d: I understand that you aren't impressed by my or my sister's work. That's ok. Yeah, it's true. Many people won't like it either. But you know what? We do and draw these things because it makes us happy. It's nothing but a hobby we picked up and it makes us feel good when we do it. My sis kept drawing when I was her only audience. And then, she learned about deviantart. She got plenty of fans and friends who like her work. I was happy for her. Once I got good at making custom sprites, I thought it would be awesome to put it up deviantart, too. I once made a sprite comic with Link and such, but it was removed. So I had an idea. "What if I did a cartoon about the children of Nintendo's heroes?" Well, the idea snowballed and there are still some copyrighted characters in there, (lol) but I think if I put this up, people might like it. I'm also learning about flash and having fun, too. and I'm doing all of this until I get a real job. Again, sorry for calling you out and trying to insult you. I've learned something these past few days and it's opened my eyes about the art world.

Everyone say "Hi Remiel" - he has a new forum to pollute. *crowd cheers*

herooftime1000 said:

I AM going to finish my cartoon, I AM going to be a great sprite artist, and I AM going to build a megawad! If the people have their opinion, that's ok, because I'm not doing it for them! I'm doing it for me. That's what every true artist does.

Having (and maintaining) a positive attitude will definitely help you achieve your goals. Someone's always going to find fault with your work but if you ignore the obvious trolls some of that criticism might help you become a better artist. As for the drama - that'll be all but forgotten in a few weeks. Stay around, grow a rhinoceros-like hide and you'll soon make this place your second home.

Use3D said:

'Honey, I really need you to move out of my basement and stop drawing naked pokemon...'

'I REJECT YOUR REALITY, I REJECT YOUR REALITY! Nnnnnnggggghh!'

Awesome. I'm tearing up from laughing so hard right now.