Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX (Feedback build) Now at v1.1c

Good to hear, Kaiser, I love the way it works so far, and the addition of network (co-op play?) would just make it more awesome.

WildWeasel said:

Good to hear, Kaiser, I love the way it works so far, and the addition of network (co-op play?) would just make it more awesome.

I will be using Chocolate Doom's network code (many thanks to Fraggle) for online play. Its fast, simple, and robust enough to achieve what I want. Though I need to do some tweaks to support the unique gameplay features (player names, monster/item respawn, multiplayer hud indicators etc). Also, I need to find a workaround to get extra player starts and deathmatch starts into the levels without having to include modified versions of them.

The following screenshots speak for themselves.

kaiser, give me an update!

i want some co op on d64 comin soon!
me and my bro cant wait.

doom 64 is the best doom game ever.

oh, and one question; when you say online play, do you mean like on IDE with other people, or just system link between two computers?

and are u gonna fix the editing docs for this? im toatally stoked about that. but when i try to upload a map into the map folder and play it, it crashes.

also, the nodes wont build right, even if i put 50 sectors, or whatever ur supposed to do.

please reply soon!

i wanna be roasting demons alongside my bro by summer.

EDIT:
maybe u could put the player starts in using the wadgen on a d64 rom...
would that work? like, send out an improved wadgen with the player starts on it with an update(most likely the public release).

and also as another note, hows about joystick compatability. like, say, with a wired xbox 360 controller? because splitscreen will be a pain in the ass without it.(imagines four people using the keyboard and shudders)
that would suck.

its probably on ur list of things 2do though already.

Yeah, it is. News wise, I haven't been giving everyone the heads up on its progress. I was hoping to save it until I get the first offical build out.

I don't know if this is an engine problem that DOOM64 EX uses or DOOM64 itself but my kill tally at the end of the levels sometimes exceed 100% (one instance being over 200%)

Kaiser said:

Yeah, it is. News wise, I haven't been giving everyone the heads up on its progress. I was hoping to save it until I get the first offical build out.

Hey, iz coo' man. There's just a large time gap between your two preview vids plus your profile says you're semi-retired so I don't know if it's still actively in your hands.

Care to drop any feature additions you plan to make or is that still under wraps?

Mr. Chris said:

I don't know if this is an engine problem that DOOM64 EX uses or DOOM64 itself but my kill tally at the end of the levels sometimes exceed 100% (one instance being over 200%)

Thats been fixed a while back since 1.1c

Cray-Z said:

Hey, iz coo' man. There's just a large time gap between your two preview vids plus your profile says you're semi-retired so I don't know if it's still actively in your hands.

Care to drop any feature additions you plan to make or is that still under wraps?

I meant I semi-retired from mapping.

I don't have any plans to have new features other than to make doom64ex feel as close as possible to the original game.

Oddly, I _am_ using the file links that were at the start of this thread and the text file says 1.1c...

DOOM64.EXE is dated 7/28/2008 and the DOOM64.WAD is 8/5/2008

Kaiser said:

I will be using Chocolate Doom's network code (many thanks to Fraggle) for online play. Its fast, simple, and robust enough to achieve what I want. Though I need to do some tweaks to support the unique gameplay features (player names, monster/item respawn, multiplayer hud indicators etc). Also, I need to find a workaround to get extra player starts and deathmatch starts into the levels without having to include modified versions of them.

The following screenshots speak for themselves.

VisualC++ 6.0 i shotgun porting it to VC9 when its released!!!!

I'm curious about this. Is there going to be a network launcher for multiplayer for those of us who dislike command prompt? As well as LAN?

BlazingPhoenix said:

I'm curious about this. Is there going to be a network launcher for multiplayer for those of us who dislike command prompt? As well as LAN?

Don't worry if there isn't i was planning to code one when i port the source to VC9

BlazingPhoenix said:

Yes there will be.

I'm a little confused; I'm probly just being stupid but I can't find anywhere on sourceforge to download it.

Airman266 said:

I'm a little confused; I'm probly just being stupid but I can't find anywhere on sourceforge to download it.

because the sourceforge release hasnt been released yet

Im thinking of releasing "unofficial" SVN builds will upload ASAP

Airman266 said:

Check the first post of this thread, there are links for version 1.1c.

i'm having trouble building the source code first i opened Doom64.sln it came up saying it couldnt find two of the three projects i fixed that easy now it cant find files like doomdef.h whats going on??? and how do i build it?

Stroggos said:

i'm having trouble building the source code first i opened Doom64.sln it came up saying it couldnt find two of the three projects i fixed that easy now it cant find files like doomdef.h whats going on??? and how do i build it?

The .NET/2008 version of VC is not setup properly yet (I am still using VC++ 6.0) but once the first build is out I'll include proper .NET/2008 project files.

so, maybe you could put out a release date? PLEASE??????? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSE?!!

meanie50 said:

so, maybe you could put out a release date? PLEASE??????? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSE?!!

When it's done.(TM)

footman said:

When it's done.(TM)

okay, a release date of when its done!

PLEASE!

kaiser, have you thought of talking to pascal vd heiden (codeimp) about possibly making an update to doombuilder to have a solid doom64 ex level editor? or maybe even mention to have him make a cfg file for doombuilder 2? I REALLY want level editing for this. i would probably make 3 new campaigns for it. seriously, talk to codeimp about it, or maybe just have him fix that OVERLY buggy doom64 builder. ill bet if you made a poll of whether or not you should make a level editor for this, you'd get over 95% of the people voting saying yes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE OR HELP MAKE A LEVEL EDITOR FOR THIS!

Er, talking to codeimp won't solve anything about the editor. CodeImp does not support the doom 64 editor. And the Doom Builder 64 originally released is going to be phased out in favor of other utilities (possibly built into the engine itself) according to kaiser.

how do you know he doesnt support it? have you asked him yourself? are you just assuming?
and somehow i cant see a built in level editor on doom 64. i mean, with all of the special events, and special linedefs, it would be like making a built in level editor for hexen. allthough it would be easier to test levels, and to possibly go into 3d mode.

but hey, kaiser can do anything. if he plans on making a level editor for doom 64, i hope its not like making a custom stage on super smash bros brawl. not many different textures to coose from, only 3 backgrounds, and a bunch of cheesy props. i would like it to be robust, with many different features. easy to use, but hard to master.

Er, you could, in theroy, put anything, with full feature set, into a game engine (if Kaiser was so inclined, he could put a chess game into it ;P). Doom 3/Quake 4/ect. contained their full editors within the game. There's nothing preventing kaiser from adding a full-featured editor to the engine itself.

And codeimp wouldn't support the released editor for two reasons:
1. He didn't make it
2. He doesn't support the Doom Builder 1 codebase anymore

I think I have seen, in the Doom Builder 2 release thread, Kaiser commenting about his contemplating the thought of envisaging the possibility of starting to plan to make a Doom 64 plugin for DB2.

doom 3 couldnt edit levels within the game, man. you type in edit, and it would minimize the screen and take you to a different window with the level editor.

and no one cares about quake. were talking about doom 64.

ps: do you have a speech impediment? why did you say "er," on both of your posts? we get the point. your thinking very hard. dont strain yourself.

It doesnt matter realy. all this means is that kaiser is working his butt off to bring something as cool as this out, when him and others have already finished the original TC. all questions will be answered when official release has been set loose upon the world. If not they will be eventually, you cant rush a good game.

meanie50 said:

ps: do you have a speech impediment? why did you say "er," on both of your posts? we get the point. your thinking very hard. dont strain yourself.

Nice troll, Mr. Capslock.