Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX (Feedback build) Now at v1.1c

PFL said:

Just wondering how this project is going. :) Any interesting developments?

Haven't been working on it lately due to other things (work, etc). I've also been taking a break from working on D64ex so I could spend more time mapping again which I haven't done in ages. Theres not much left to do other than document all of my changes (which I should of done from the start) and work on the editing specs.

InsanityBringer said:

Is the custom DB2 stable/released yet? I'd like to try my hand at making Doom 64 maps again.

That will be out once the next release of D64ex is out. Though I'll be needing some testers to provide feedback on features and whatnot to help make editing easier and faster.

Kaiser said:

That will be out once the next release of D64ex is out. Though I'll be needing some testers to provide feedback on features and whatnot to help make editing easier and faster.

Sign me up! :D

Good to know it's still kicking. It's great playing the latest SVN with USF support. And with the future editing capabilities I look forward to playing lots of Doom64 style maps... :)

New SVN BUILD!!!

I have built and released the new SVN revision straight from Kaiser. I was meant to upload r-739 last night but I'm sure everyone will be happy with r-740!!!

So grab it and frag those D64 monsters with the almighty Buzz saw:
Download Here!

Ditto! I dl'd the new SVN as soon as it was announced but I just can't get to my decent computer to try it out... Damn pesky netbooks with their crappy GMA graphics just can't cut the mustard in this instance... :(

Really no need for thanks at all. I'm just doing my part for the Doom 64 players of Doomworld. If you must thank someone thank Kaiser.

I have also started again on the MinGW port of D64. Hopefully I get further then I did last time. Also I am using Cygwin to aid the Linux port as much as possible.

I apologize if this is a stupid question or if this thread is not the correct place to ask questions, but here goes:

Whenever I try to run DOOM64.EXE under WINE 1.1.42 on Kubuntu 10.04, Linux kernel 2.6.32-24-generic, I get this error message:

Error - M_ReadFile: Couldn't read file doom64.usflib

I tried rebuilding the WAD, but to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem and/or have a solution?

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I try to run Doom64 EX from LAUNCHER.EXE, I get this error message:

ERROR - W_INIT: UNABLE TO OPEN:
Z:\HOME\DORIOL\DOOM64.WAD

Other than that, Doom64 EX runs flawlessly on Windows Vista and 7.

With WINE no Win32 app is guaranteed to work 100%. So your problem with the usflib is probably a common one as quite a bit of the code with for pure win32 machines rather then emulated ones. So if I were you I would stick to the Win7 and Vista.

Doriol said:

I apologize if this is a stupid question or if this thread is not the correct place to ask questions, but here goes:

Whenever I try to run DOOM64.EXE under WINE 1.1.42 on Kubuntu 10.04, Linux kernel 2.6.32-24-generic, I get this error message:

Error - M_ReadFile: Couldn't read file doom64.usflib

I tried rebuilding the WAD, but to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem and/or have a solution?

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I try to run Doom64 EX from LAUNCHER.EXE, I get this error message:

ERROR - W_INIT: UNABLE TO OPEN:
Z:\HOME\DORIOL\DOOM64.WAD

Other than that, Doom64 EX runs flawlessly on Windows Vista and 7.

Unfortunately I know nothing about WINE but it does sound like an issue with basic file opening/reading mechanics.

Kaiser said:

Oh, speaking of which:

Courtesy of Blzut3

On a related note, Doom 64 EX seems to run fine compiled natively for Linux (32-bit only). Mac OS X doesn't have as much luck, that screen shot required that the sound code was disabled.

Which is why I am considering using OpenAL for the sound since SDL_Mixer is really ticking me off right now.

This game causes my computer to overheat and automatically shut off. It's probably my own fault, but pretty much no other game has that effect unless it's scorching hot out, which it's not. I can still play Doom with a source port with the res all the way up and my computer doesn't die. Stupid old computer... needs to be better taken care of.

Have you tried disabling music? I know that used to help me with framerate issues, before I started using OGGs in place of the USFs. When you're using USF music you're basically running a stripped-down N64 emulator alongside the game, which I'd imagine may be too much for a "stupid old computer" to handle. If disabling music works, you can grab the Doom 64 soundtrack as MP3/OGG and have Doom64EX play that instead. (I'm so glad you decided to add support for that, Kaiser)

I think switching to OpenAL would be a good move, great in fact. SDL_mixer is okay depending on what you want. But, for this project I would say use OAL.
You might also want to consider changing the USF playback. I know you are in the middle of remaking the music but I think USF is pretty good as well.

I'm sorry for the lack of SVN builds for the moment. I am currently facing a problem with one of my other DOOM related projects. I'm sure I'll patch it up soon but for the moment I will have to stop making SVN builds. The pause should only last another week or so. Also I have been putting DOOM/Quake work before school work, MISTAKE!!!!!, now I have to catch up quite a bit.

Argh, I needed to look at the new standard-compliant PNGs, but they are in r741 and above, and the last build here is r740...

Well I was playing this last night, reached a certain point, saved my game.. and now I can't load it. It crashes. :/ I can start a new game just fine..

I'll try the latest SVN.

hey what im wondering is if their is anyway at all to load the doom64 absolution wad with your other personal wads cause i have the perfect wad i wanna play through the game with i find that the weapons in the mod are better for this game then most of the ones in the game right now please tell me if its possible or not i would really appreciate it

soring_confusion said:

hey what im wondering is if their is anyway at all to load the doom64 absolution wad with your other personal wads cause i have the perfect wad i wanna play through the game with i find that the weapons in the mod are better for this game then most of the ones in the game right now please tell me if its possible or not i would really appreciate it

English please...

On topic:

Just tried the latest SVN and there seems to be textures disappearing (similar to a HOM effect, but no shimmering; just shows sky texture) in widescreen resolutions of 16x9 at the left and right edges of the screen right before a wall goes out of view. In my case, 1920x1080. Can anyone else confirm this issue as well?

hey guys i got a problem its about the outcast levels, in the level nebula ican´t pass through the door, when i killed the cyberdemon and the motherdemon i thought that the door would open but its still close and idont know if its a problem with the game or i suck,there are more levels After passing nebula or until there reaches levels,i was wonder if kaiser left it incomplete or maybe it is an old version which I have, someone could give me a link where ican download an updated version of outcast Levels.
ps: sorry if I sound a bit inquisitive

You're talking about the Total Conversion Doom 64: The Absolution. This thread is about something completely different: an engine that runs the official Doom 64 on ones computer.

yeah i'm talking about doom 64 tc with the miniexpansion outcastlevels
but there is a problem with the level 6 nebula, i can't pass trought the door, i only want to know if its a problem with the game or there is a secret switch,you know which could be the problem.

Doom 64: Outcast - README.txt said:

Since Outcast is unfinished, there will be many errors and bugs.