Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX (Feedback build) Now at v1.1c

LigH said:

Might be an OpenGL Z-buffer issue when walls share exactly the same vertex coordinates, the Z-buffer has low resolution (only 16 bit), and patches are not drawn with a special OpenGL feature (Z-buffer offset).

If you can tweak your Z-buffer forced to 24 bit depth in your graphic driver (what kind of graphic card do you use, at all?), does that effect change?

BTW: Never upload uncompressed images like BMP or TGA, they waste much space and are not displayed in all web browsers directly, and not allowed as forum attachments often. Even freeware image viewers - like IrfanView or XnView - can convert them to lossless compressed PNG or lossy JPEG, and can be handled by all browsers and attached.

I'm on my old Windows 2000 laptop, so I have no idea about the graphics card, but I have 3D acceleration and can use OpenGL. Simply increasing the resolution fixes the problem for me, I just haven't because it causes some lag. Thanks for the explaining the tip about BMP images, I didn't know that. Honestly, I always kind of ignored people that complained about it before, I assumed that they just had amazingly slow dial up internet or something. O_o But I'll convert them from now on.

Edit: Just noticed that this thread is in wads and mods... wouldn't source ports be more appropriate?

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/54983-doom64ex-on-lan/
for those who can't get LAN to work

and on the feedback side, i love you soo much for porting this to the pc

its almost exactly the same!
although i dunno if its my laptop or the game but switch objects flicker between a few textures when moving towards or away from them at times on my laptop

on my desktop computer the music keeps turning on and off during play (although i think that might be the desktop)

Woohoo, this is awesome! Now on the first try in Hectic trying to get the soulsphere and I got it without getting crushed! Never got it before.

Also I like being able to use mouseaim, look up and down a bit and have a larger fov, and keys for all weapons, not just previous and next weapon.