Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dark-tenshi

another kevin cloud interview

from Pc Game Central
the interview covering about the future plan of RTCW,not much new information about DOOM,but still a good read.

Pc Game Central:How is work on Doom III progressing? What is being worked on now? And is the game, as in the levels and story line, actually being worked on now, or is it still in the concept stages?

Kevin: Things are progressing well. The technology is shaping up, but that's as much as I can say about it. I'm getting back into texture development and cleaning up some earlier work. Tim Willits, our lead designer on DOOM, just presented the entire game's storyboards. It is looking very cool.

That's right!

Listen Id! This is my last warning! If we do not get to see a new screenshot soon I will...., I will....I will not participate in your DOOM3 betatest programm.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Listen Id! This is my last warning! If we do not get to see a new screenshot soon I will...., I will....I will not participate in your DOOM3 betatest programm.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

- Hm, I'd prefer that they didn't release screenshots (well, not high-quality screens anyway).

They released too many screens for RtCW IMO, as a result I didn't enjoy the graphics as much as I could've been without seeing screenshots.

I wouldn't mind low-quality screenshots that don't reveal how beautiful the engine actually renders stuff (and doesn't reveal too many concepts), screenshot with a similar quality to the screenshots of the macworld-video. Those who actually SAW the game in person claimed that the game looked FAR better then the video - giving us low-quality screens would excite us without ruining too much... *whispers* ..I think.

They should release high quality screenshots, but they should not show to many of the monsters. Just some nice level screenshots.

us low-quality screens would excite us without ruining too much... *whispers* ..I think.

Well yeah, the first time I saw the bathroom shot I practically shit myself. And going trough the Macworld video frame by frame with brightness/contrast all the way up was pretty interesting too :)

Maybe id should release some sort of teaser trailer. A Martian sunset, the boots of thousands of space marines marching trough the desert, a few shots of glowing yellow eyes in the dark... And then the low voice : "There is life after death. Unfortunately."

Well yeah, the first time I saw the bathroom shot I practically shit myself. And going trough the Macworld video frame by frame with brightness/contrast all the way up was pretty interesting too :)

- exactly my point :-)! I still drool when I look at screenshots from the macworld video showing the doomguy's face up close (he just looks damn real!).

Maybe id should release some sort of teaser trailer. A Martian sunset, the boots of thousands of space marines marching trough the desert, a few shots of glowing yellow eyes in the dark... And then the low voice : "There is life after death. Unfortunately."

Such a teaser trailer would be cool, but it defenitely should NOT show any monsters or weapons - "There is life after death. Unfortunately" - cool, heh!

I thought you'd never ask =) I can't link directly to a picture on Geocities, so you'll have to copy and paste : http://www.geocities.com/lordflathead/doom_advert.jpg

I must admit I stole the line from an old advertisement for Doom 2. The cool thing about the pic is that the background is an actual picture of a Martian sunset, taken by the Pathfinder thingy in 1997.

I must admit I stole the line from an old advertisement for Doom 2. The cool thing about the pic is that the background is an actual picture of a Martian sunset, taken by the Pathfinder thingy in 1997.

- Do you still have that ad (the old Doom 2 one)? If so, could you post a link or something?

No, I don't have that pic anymore. It was just a really detailed version of the "screaming souls" texture from Doom (you know, the pink one with the melty faces) and that line on it.

Well a couple months ago I mailed Todd Hollenshead to ask if I could do their campaign in exchange for 40% of DOOM's sales, but he didn't take it too seriously :)

No, I don't have that pic anymore. It was just a really detailed version of the "screaming souls" texture from Doom (you know, the pink one with the melty faces) and that line on it.

Pity, I love art details, so even though it was just a more detailed version of that texture I would've loved looking it over.

Anyway, great ad Flathead (seen it before, though, but it's still a great ad.)!

NEWS FLASH - I _do_ still have that pic. I just sized it down to 2048x1600 and put it up at :

www.geocities.com/lordflathead/masterl.jpg

Ain't I the nicest ?

Ain't I the nicest ?

You sure are :-)!
Thanx a lot mate!

Hm, the letters in that ad look like the 'menu' letters in Diablo. But Diablo (1) was *after* Doom 2 wasn't it?