Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pyrix

I appologize for the possibly noob question, but pertaining to sector shapes...

Okay, I want to make a circle, and it's been a while since I've used Doom Builder (A LONG while) but is there a part of Doom Builder with prefabricated shapes or a way to make such so that I could make an accurate circle shape? I'm positive there is, I'm just having trouble finding it is the thing. A quick redirection to the sector shapes part of the program would be great. :)

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure there's a prefabricated sector shape tool...atleast not that I'm aware of. You can, however, save selections of lines and sectors as a Prefab, but you either have to make the shape yourself first and then save it or get some already made by someone else.

As per your specific problem, there's this nifty line shaping tool called curve linedefs. You can't miss is; when your in the sidedef mode, it's the very very last button at the top. All you need to do is highlight the lines you want to be curved, hit this button, and then a little dialogue box with some parameters will pop up. You can set how many verticies each line will have and how much curve you want it to have (actually that's just a watered down description of the parameters, but you'll get the idea). Just fiddle around with the parameters a bit until you get the curve you want...and hit OK. You should then have a nice and fancy curve.

You use the "curve linedef" tool which appears when you are drawing with the line tool.

There's no direct way to make a circle, but you can draw a square and curve all 4 edges. Be sure to select an angle of 45 and click on "restrain to circle" for the correct shape.

use the "insert sector" function (look it up in your configuration, i don't remember what it is) if you choose a sector with 3 sides, it will be a triangle, 4 will make it a square, etc...

Don't apologize. If it were trouble, they wouldn't be answering. This is what this forum is for. Welcome back to Doom building!

i can't be sure i'm on my mac right now, but isn't it ctrl click in sectors, then select the size and put the amount of linedefs up quite high?

I actually do remember a tool like that. Like you can insert a circle or rectangle shape or something. So i remember what your talking about. But as for the circle thing yah just make a octagon or hexagon or w/e and select all and curve linedefs :)