Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

Death-Destiny said:

InsanityBringer is doing map03 at the moment. The next lowest mapslot is MAP09. Is that fine with you?

Sure why not, then i need to increase map's overall difficulty

Guest DILDOMASTER666

If I can, I'd like to rescind my previous request for MAP05, and instead, I'll take 21. Due to a severe crash involving Mechadon's texture pack, I have to start over.

e.g., I get lots of automation errors during 3D mode and after a certain point, the Texture selector simply stops functioning properly. Then I get more automation errors.

Fisk said:

If I can, I'd like to rescind my previous request for MAP05, and instead, I'll take 21. Due to a severe crash involving Mechadon's texture pack, I have to start over.

Dreadopp is doing map21 already. I must not have mentioned this yet. You can look in the first post to see whose working on which maps at the moment and take any slots that no one is working on. Actually, I'm going to put a list of free slots in the first post as well to make it easier to pick one.

[Edit]Apologies. I ought to have done this earlier, but I've added this to the first post, so it should be easy to pick a map slot now:
See first post for free slots![/Edit]

Sorry about misspelling your name gggmork; my fingers are in the habit of typing it with an "n". I fixed it now. ;-P

While i'm doing 09, i'll take also 10 (It will be plutonia-styled and a bit of difficult), here's one screen from map09, for whatever reason, MBF sky transfer crashes the map LOl (I put the sky in 256x256x256 box)

@Alter: Like I said on IRC, the screenshot looks good! Just bug Mechadon to steal the support flats (sup*) and/or ceil5_m from 32in24-7 so you can replace that ceil5_2 :P

Also maybe make the border around the ceiling light less deep. Right now the light is at the same height as the surrounding ceiling/sky, and it makes the border look kind of flimsy.

Lord_Z said:

I was browsing the texture pack and I noticed there is a small light blue splotch on flat GOTH_J15. I don't know if this is deliberate but it looks a bit strange. Aside from this and the 4 missing names, all is well and the new textures look good :)

Make sure you update your texture wad from V02 to V03 which I just posted ;)

esselpants said:

Just bug Mechadon to steal the support flats (sup*) and/or ceil5_m from 32in24-7 so you can replace that ceil5_2 :P

I'll go ahead and do that right now.

@alter: Screenshot looks good! I concur with essel about the light. Also, which sky were you attempting to use? I'll test it myself to make sure it's not the fault of the sky texture.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Hmm, strange, I don't seem to be getting as many automation errors anymore. I still occasionally get one, but it's much more tolerable now. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's not the fault of the texture pack. Also, new title, Severed Survival.

gggmork said:

tsk, and you call yourself an engineer.

I solve practical problems. This isn't exactly a practical problem.

Mechadon said...
Make sure you update your texture wad from V02 to V03 which I just posted ;)

Ahh, I did not see that, thx :)

Also, I thought the sky transfer was not actually a feature Boom supported?

Lord_Z said:

Also, I thought the sky transfer was not actually a feature Boom supported?

It's an MBF feature, which isn't actually in Boom but is supported by PrBoom, Eternity, ZDoom, and most other Boom-compatible ports. In Boom itself, it will have no effect. Boom ignores line types it doesn't recognize, so it won't cause any problems.

I'm tweaking the gameplay of the level right now. I've abandoned any hope of including a rocket launcher. Here are some real screenshots:

Seeing some very nice screenies here looking forward to this.

@DD just checking to be sure but have you recieved my map? I think so but I want to be sure so I can sleep well at night :p

dutch devil said:

@DD just checking to be sure but have you recieved my map? I think so but I want to be sure so I can sleep well at night :p

Unfortunately, I dropped it somewhere while taking my daily walk through time looking for KDiKDiZD, but fear not! This means that it has already been released in the most ancient archives on the net and I need only scour the dead sites for it. ;-P

Just kidding... it's safe and sound in my Claustrophobia 1024 folder.

@Alterworldruler: It's good you want to do map10 as well, but I'd rather you submit your first map before claiming another slot. This way, if someone else wants to join the team, they've got their fair shot at all available slots and also I don't want people claiming a bunch of slots and realizing they can't find time for all of them. Fear not... I'm sure it'll still be there.

By the way, I'm seeing some very good screenshots. That's very encouraging. Nice job everyone. =)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'll re-re-take 22.

Dammit...!!!

Those screenshots are beautiful.......

Now I'm all extra inspired and am gonna have to go back and work extra hard on my level.

Not that I wasn't already, mind you.

If thats ok, I think my level will slot in well at level 20, so put me down for that one.

Thanks guys...:)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

An early shot. Note the beginnings of Doom64-ish architecture.

Also, question; I would like to know how to choose a sky for my map without MAPINFO, but I am unknowledgeable. Any pointers?

@Fisk:

- Create a dummy sector outside of your map.
- Give one line of that dummy sector line special 271.
- Set the line's upper texture (yes, upper texture) to the sky texture you want to use.
- Give the line a sector tag, and tag all sky-ceiling areas of your map with the same number.
- If you need to use multiple tags in outdoor areas, for lifts or whatever, you'll need to split your sky-transfer line into one line for each number and tag them accordingly.

You can thank esselfortium for that :D

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Hmm. I was doing it right all along mostly, but I would have never guessed I needed to use the upper slot. :/

Now i know what you mean by that light :P. fine i'll make it less deep, it will look better

Guest DILDOMASTER666

@Death-Destiny and Mechadon: I mailed you both my map. I didn't bother with useless detailing, because the cramped space hardly allows for it. Par time is about 4:15, give or take.

SEVERED SURVIVAL
Build Time: 18 solid hours

Fisk said:

I didn't bother with useless detailing, because the cramped space hardly allows for it.

Er...since when does ceiling detail, borders, or building stuff into solid walls take up any extra space? o_O

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Essel said:
Er...since when does ceiling detail, borders, or building stuff into solid walls take up any extra space? o_O

I said:

useless[/b] detailing

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Well, what I meant was, the way I went about "detailing" is more practical. I didn't include anything that could be considered an "obstacle" or somehow interfere with a direct path to the next point of interest in the map. Ceiling detail and some little touches here and there are present.