Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

I believe my map is ready for testing. Who wants to test/where should I upload it?

Notes for testers -- It's designed to be a tough map, and is beatable by pistol start. It is somewhat of a slaughterfest kind of map (heh). It is likely that there are many misaligned textures and such. The lost souls in the building don't do anything, they are just decoration. This is not a demo-friendly map, you cannot achieve max kills on it (At least I don't think you can). This map is also really tight on health/armor. Difficulty skills aren't quite finished, as I only tested ultra-violence really.

Random facts -- It's modestly detailed and is currently packing almost 100 monsters. Gameplay is linear and is based around voodoo doll "scripting" and teleport-ins for the most part. There are hardly any "safe spots", as you will almost always be in open fire. This map has a frantic pace.

me me, pm me the sendspace link or something and I can see how shitty my map is in comparison. I'm fairly good at finding possible exploits and such I guess. And since this wad will be released 3 years from now I might as well play one level.

Yeah, please only send the maps to me and Mech. I trust gggmork, but even so I'd rather not have a bunch of people's maps floating around out there. =/

Speaking of which, are the remaining mappers still doing anything? I'm about to start making deadlines if this apparent lack of progress continues. I've already turned away several people who had something done like JohnnyRancid so the rest of you can keep your spots, so I expect you to do something with them. =/

Maybe give people a day or two to respond, then give their position to someone else? I believe there are still many people who want to map for this. (Including me.:P I know I'm greedy, but 1024 maps are just so fun.)

Map is almost done, im just stuck on how to do teh last room. As soon as i figure out a plan for it the map should be ready within a few hours.

Death-Destiny said:

Speaking of which, are the remaining mappers still doing anything? I'm about to start making deadlines if this apparent lack of progress continues. I've already turned away several people who had something done like JohnnyRancid so the rest of you can keep your spots, so I expect you to do something with them. =/

I'm almost done. I was on vacation recently causing a delay in my work.

dutch devil said:

You know what amazes me, that some people can work so long on something so small.

There's a joke there.. but yeah. The amazing part to me is making a space smaller than dead simple play for longer than 30 seconds.

I hope there are a lot of spooky dark areas !

Death-Destiny said:

Ooohhh. Me Me Me.

Of course I have already submitted one map, so obviously I go directly to the back of the line for any future spots.

But the offer is there if needed.

Kyka said:

Ooohhh. Me Me Me.
Of course I have already submitted one map, so obviously I go directly to the back of the line for any future spots.

Not for long. OK, here's what we're going to do. Today is August 21, a Thursday. The 7 of you who who have not submitted anything and have not shown any recent progress have until August 28 to either submit your map or otherwise inform me of your current progress. If you do neither of these things before that date, YOUR NAMES WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE ROSTER AND YOUR SLOTS WILL BECOME OPEN. Furthermore, you cannot reclaim your slot if someone else who has not yet signed up or has already submitted a map wants to use it. This means mappers interested will be allowed to compose 2nd and 3rd maps at this point.

I don't want to kick anyone off the team, but we need maps, not placeholders. Just inform me of your progress and/or submit your work and we'll have no problems. =/

I am probably 75% done with my map (I have been gone for several days) and will have time to continue working on it. I should have a loverly map to you in the next week or so, provided something unexpected doesn't come up. :)

I'm not working much on my map lastly since those screens but don't worry, i'm working on it though i'm busy with life recently (Mainly paper stuff)

TIP: I gave link to bunch of screens ABOVE in that page

My map may be done as early as tonight, I figured out what to do.

@DD: My map is, I would say, 99.6% done at the moment. I have not sent my map to you and Mechadon yet because I was waiting for the next version of the texture wad.

Dreadopp said:

I have not sent my map to you and Mechadon yet because I was waiting for the next version of the texture wad.

I suppose you could say the same about mine, but I'll send you a version that is complete layout wise tonight or tomorrow.

The playable part of my map is basically done now. It will probably take an extra night (maybe) to put in all the stuff outside, but at least I have a full playable level finished.

EDIT: I think I am finished with the map now. :) I will send copies to the people I'm supposed to send it to right now.

Hey guys, sorry for the fits of absence. RL and other things, ya know. Anywho, I'm planning on working and [hopefully] releasing the next version of the texture pack tomorrow. So if anyone else needs something in it, please let me know ASAP!

OK guys, i'm quitting from doing map10 however i have one request, someone else finish that map for me. So two persons would be listed on that map okay? Here's the map in case someone is interesed finishing it (about 55% done)

http://www.speedyshare.com/849462204.html

PS: Mechadon would probably finish that map best

InsanityBringer said:

School just happened.

"School Happens."

You should put that on a T-shirt or something.

TheMionicDonut said:

If there are any green versions of the standard textures or flats (Particularly LITE or COMP and BRONZE) can those be thrown in?

Does anyone know if green versions of those standard textures exist? And if so, where can I get them?

There are green versions (as well as other colors) of the LITE textures in CC4-tex, both as textures and as flats. There's also a green version of the COMPBLUE mesh and an accompanying COMPTILE variant. There are green versions of BRONZE, BROWN1, and some other stuff in NiGHTMARE's Recolored Doom resource wad; I think some of them might be in CC4-tex, but I don't remember if they all are.