Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

When I tried making an ENDOOM for 32in24-7 with XWE, I ended up with something that flashed on and off all over the place and it was awful. :(

I think there's a program named Endoomer or something like that, that's made specifically for it.

@essel: Indeed, thanks for the info!

All of the maps are supposed to have COOP starts though, I think (though I don't see a rule about it..../me shrugs). Well, alteast my maps have COOP starts in them. I seem to recall hearing that they are required for some reason. So if everyone else put Player2-4 starts in, I guess you could do COOP if you really wanted to. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Well they do have coop but it would suck

This is very exciting to see that this will be released in the very near future! I look forward to seeing what everybody else did...a lot of the screenshots put out in months past have left me eager. :)

As per the question of co-op, I must agree that 1024 maps don't lend themselves to multiplayer very well. I'm pretty sure I put co-op starts in my map but I can't imagine it would play well in co-op. 1024 maps are usually too cramped for more than one player.

I'm starting work on my map for 1024-3. Expect it to contain more win than my 1024-2 project (not to say that what I gave here wasnt good :P )

esselfortium said:

Is jolly old 1024 Claus making a list, and checking it twice?

Damn, I should've drawn a pixelated Santa on there :[

Knowing the ENDOOM music used (Map31), that screen will be epic win!

Except fusion didnt get his map submitted to this one...

May as well add that Santa now :D

TheMionicDonut said:

Knowing the ENDOOM music used (Map31), that screen will be epic win!

Does the ENDOOM screen have music to go with it? I usually don't see it for some reason...maybe it's the source port I use.

Anyway, good job with the screen. It may not be necessary but it's nice to have at least. :) And yes...add a picture of 1024 Claus.

Mechadon said:

@essel: Indeed, thanks for the info!

All of the maps are supposed to have COOP starts though, I think (though I don't see a rule about it..../me shrugs). Well, alteast my maps have COOP starts in them. I seem to recall hearing that they are required for some reason. So if everyone else put Player2-4 starts in, I guess you could do COOP if you really wanted to. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Please put the coop starts in every map because i love playing wads like this in coop (boom or ST, depends). I finished Congestion 1024 some time ago on Coop so yes, i would appreciate the coop starts in this one as well

i did not put coop starts or flag anything for coop in either of my maps, but the first one may not be the most coop compatible, the second one should be though. then again, i didnt think anyone was going to coop on really small maps like this... and i didnt see a rule about coop starts (i probably didnt read thoroughly)

Yeah, the maps are just supposed to have co-op starts so that the game won't crash and it would be possible to play co-op mode if you really really wanted to. Whether you would be rewarded for playing co-op in a 1024x1024 square is another story. :/

It probably won't be too hard to add in COOP starts for the maps that don't have them already...but yea, I thought there was a reason for adding them (to keep the game from crashing in COOP for those crazy people out there).

Anyways, just an update; I've finished ALL of the graphic replacements. All that's really left to do besides test the maps and release is to fix the damage brightness on the PLAYPAL. Oh and compile the readme...I may start on that tomorrow.

@Death-Destiny: I just remembered that Congestion had some custom demos in it. Will you (or someone) be making some custom demos for this as well? It would be pretty cool :D

Mechadon said:

It probably won't be too hard to add in COOP starts for the maps that don't have them already...

So shall I add the coop starts on my map and resend it? Or shall I let you and DD handle that part?

Oh, and nice ENDOOM by the way. ;)

1024 to be released on 10/24 FTW! That's a great looking Endoom screen. Always wanted to have my name on an Endoom screen. My map didn't have Coop starts so unless someone feels like adding them there won't be any.

The help screen should be altered to a parody ad for a Doom rehab clinic devoted to helping people with their Doom addiction :D

esselfortium said:

The ENDOOM design is pretty good, but the red/green/teal color combination looks really bad IMO. :(

It's supposed to be grey...erm, well that's what it looked like to me anyways. I might change the colors around though...I need to fixed alter's name anyways :p

For those of you who didn't add co-op starts, don't stress over it. I'll add them in for you. I'll probably record some demos as well for some of the more indoor-esque maps so you guys don't have to watch the defaults desync (funny as that might be ;]), but something a bit more interesting anyway.

leave it red and green then draw a white mound on which jolly old 1024 claus would be perched atop. then draw some hollies.

@Butts: Heh, I probably would have done something funny with it if I didn't just make a new one :P

Any better? Hopefully I spelled everything correctly...

i didnt have any complaints with the first one, but yeah the second one is a little better. anyways, im totally fine with that endoom, but the claus1024 is a little hard to read at first... but im all for just leaving it the way it is and having the darn thing be released already. impatient, yes.

Death-Destiny said:

I like this design better, but I can't read whatever the blinking word says. I think that ought to be touched up. :/

It's supposed to say 'CLAUS 1024'. I tried a few different ways but they all looked about the same due to the size restraints. The 'C' and the 'S' could look better...but there's just not enough room :[. I'll keep working at it and see what I can do.

*edit*

OH! I almost forgot...I need to fix some switch textures in the resource so they'll work properly in Boom ports (currently they're 24 px wide).

I also like the second ENDOOM better. The color combination isn't clashy and it's more symmetrical. I have to agree that I had no idea the blinking words at the bottom were Claus 1024...I might suggest you have it not say anything there, since it already says it's Claustrophobia 1024 at the top and there really isn't a whole lot of room in that box.

But whatever, do what you want with it. :) It's a minor point anyway, since it's not the end of the world if the ENDOOM screen isn't perfect.