Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Doom track in RTCW!

If my ISP wasn't so picky about what my byte usage is, I could put them up. However, if you had any toons to trade, I might be willing to make the sacrifice...

Did anyone else notice the track for the first level is "In The Dark" from Doom 2?

WTF? None of the music tracks in the first level of RtCW sound like "In The Dark" to me.
I wonder if something's wrong with my ears?

is there any way I could hear that song without going out and buying wolfenstein.

I'm playing the game pretty well on a P2 300 with a Geforce 2 MX 32MG. It's a bit choppy with lots of areas, but it's still decent.

The very first level. It sounds like a remix, but it's definitely the same song.

Sorry, the first level has three tracks: The sinister one at the very beginning (ends when you kill the scientist),
The "sneaky" one that follows, and the one that starts when you alert the rest of the guards.

None of them sounded the least bit like "In the dark" in my ears and I know this track fairly well (I listen to all the Doom mp3's once within 2-3 months).

It was at the very end of the level. I'll have to play thru that level again when I get home from school.

It was at the very end of the level. I'll have to play thru that level again when I get home from school.

Oh yeah, forgot that there was a fourth music track, but umm...I don't think it sounds that similar to "In The Dark", at least not enough to be a remix. I'd say that it's rather a coincidence that this track has similarities (the similarities ARE rather vague IMHO).

Oh, and to the rest of you who don't want to buy the game, but rather listen to this track: Download it from here:
http://billbrownmusic.com/musicG4.htm

- It's the one called "mission 1".

The track sounds a lot more like the beginning of "Waiting for Romero to Play". I guess when I was listening for the sample and "In the Dark" was the first track I came across that sounded similar.

The track sounds a lot more like the beginning of "Waiting for Romero to Play". I guess when I was listening for the sample and "In the Dark" was the first track I came across that sounded similar.

In other words: The track in RtCW just happens to have a few similarities with some of the Doom 2 tracks.

Oh yeah, forgot that there was a fourth music track, but umm...I don't think it sounds that similar to "In The Dark", at least not enough to be a remix. I'd say that it's rather a coincidence that this track has similarities (the similarities ARE rather vague IMHO).

Oh, and to the rest of you who don't want to buy the game, but rather listen to this track: Download it from here:
http://billbrownmusic.com/musicG4.htm

- It's the one called "mission 1".

Bah, you and your stupid fucking hi fi playing. Now I have to wait five fucking minutes for the damn song to buffer.

What? What do you mean by that? Did I make a new account? I forgot...Oh well. Why say I was banned when I wasn't? What is going on here, and why did you say that? Was that sacrasm or not?

Cypher made alteast 5 new acounts, I think "Gobachev the hedgehog" (or whatever) was one of them, and if that's the case this dude is cypher.

If this was Cypher...then this would be about account #10.
If not, then he's done nothing wrong other than changing accounts (which is only margianly annoying).

Since Cypher was banned, if this dude is Cypher he should be banned again. Oh well, I'm sure the admins will find some way to tell if he's him.

Ok, I am NOT Cypher. I do not even know who Cypher is.
There it is settled. But, if I did make a new account, then why did I forget it? I think that I just edited my profile, or something. I am REPEAT I am NOT SURE if I made a new account. But why is it frusterating when people make new accounts? One more thing, IF and I say this *IF* I was banned, then that would explain my post dissapearing like thin air (the one about the doom novels). Anyways, don't just assume something if you don't even know that I am Cypher, or what any kind of relationship between he and me there is. I don't even know the name. But is sounds interesting...heh