Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

E3 Rage pics

Yeah, I always hated those NASCAR games and such which were ultra-realistic. I prefer the games where you can just go crazy and bounce off walls and such. Particularly Mario Kart, Rush, Burnout, and GTA.

myk said:

Could be...

The only real issue I had with Half Life 2's Vehicle sections was that you could really only go forward. I too don't think it's very "pretty" with vehicle sections. Because it's basically the game telling you how to play it. And that kind of sucks. But I at least had some fun with it in Half Life 2. Even if it was mostly due to the vehicle handling reminding me of an old game used to play religiously. (big red racing)

Rage seems to be all about having an open world where you can take your ride exploring. And that sounds promising to me. Wonder if you can also go by foot. Though I can't imagine it being very ideal way to travel.

EDIT: Something just struck me, if you play online... will people be able to steal your car?

EDIT2: BTW, I have no idea what game PGR actually is.

kristus said:

Rage seems to be all about having an open world where you can take your ride exploring. And that sounds promising to me. Wonder if you can also go by foot. Though I can't imagine it being very ideal way to travel.

No, but that would only underline an actual NEED for vehicles. That way they won't feel tacked on.

Heh, whilst it may be true that Nascar strives for realism, I'm equally as bad in almost evry driving game I have ever played. Notable exceptions being London Racer which, for some reason, I mastered and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer which isn't strictly a driving game but I got the hang of it so I'm including it. :P

@Shaviro: Well, you could technically do that in Half Life 2 too. Though after a while they always did something that would stop you dead in your tracks, unless you used the Havoc physics exploit.

@Enjay: Well, it's a driving game. You're just driving something else than a car with wheels.