Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
(sniper) 109

ReDoomv2.wad_demo coming out soon

Ok so, you probobly played this wad before on skulltag,maybe you where impressed...maybe you just hated it..
Now for Redoomv2.wad Im sure almost everyone will find something to like about it,the full version will have custom dm and ctf maps in addition to a 36 coop levels,not Only have I added more level's and modes!I also added the skulltag weapons too with new sprites,a new sound pack, and I even fixed the ugly rocket launcher sprite's.
and the difficulty level is ....well.......easy is easy ......hard is...impossible in single player,especially with the skulltag monsters in it I will release the demo by next week probably and I remade the level's too added more detail and no bugs.
thank hellraiser for e1m2,e1m3 and e1m7.

(sniper) 109, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

before you go posting your mega cool and whatnot project, show us some screens.

If a beta version is available for skulltag, no need to bash him, check this out yourself :/
I agree that at least a link or few screens would be nice though.

Redoomv2? I didn't know there was a v1. What's this?

Don't know. I tried visiting the Skulltag forums to find out but can't get in - not even to register. Don't suppose they've adopted a policy of preemptive banning?

GreyGhost said:
I tried visiting the Skulltag forums to find out but can't get in - not even to register. Don't suppose they've adopted a policy of preemptive banning?

They may have banned someone using your ISP with an IP range ban.

K!r4 said:

If a beta version is available for skulltag, no need to bash him, check this out yourself :/
I agree that at least a link or few screens would be nice though.

C'est une impression ou ils shootent tout ce qui bouge dans ce forum ???
C'est "vachement" motivant :D

GreyGhost said:

Don't know. I tried visiting the Skulltag forums to find out but can't get in - not even to register. Don't suppose they've adopted a policy of preemptive banning?

They've closed down the forums for the day, in hopes that people will stop hanging around making useless posts and start actually playing Skulltag. Maybe for a few days, I'm not sure.

iceman57 said:

Doom(world): where the sanest place is behind a trigger.

esselfortium said:
They've closed down the forums for the day, in hopes that people will stop hanging around making useless posts and start actually playing Skulltag. Maybe for a few days, I'm not sure.

What on Earth? At first I thought you were being ironic, but... heh.

Redoom.wad Is terrible in My opinion.(Yes I am bashing my own wad)
because It was my first time mapping,Redoomv2.wad however is completely different as you may or may not see from the picture's,Anyone who's interested in helping out (mapping of course) should contact me.E1m7 is still unstarted so...That's what I need for coop map's.And any old dm or ctf map will as well for the demo.

iceman57 said:

I don't feel it, it's just few members...

Edit : Your pics aren't that bad (sniper), perhaps the texturing can be improved a bit (especially in the last screen).

There supposed to be hires texture's.(for those's who aren't able to figure put what the texture folder is for),(or for people who use software mode)and personally I like them better then the original texture's (add's more detail I think)but that's just my opinion.

Esselfortium I saw your KNIZD for doom2.exe very well done.:)But I think instead of a rifle why not use a machine gun?I mean wolfenstein had one,and so did doom3.And I bet if doom Didn't have a shotgun they'd have a machine gun.don't you think?I can supply the sprite's because I already made one before.or you can make two version's (with different dehacked's)One with a machine gun and one with a rifle.

(sniper) 109 said:

Esselfortium I saw your KNIZD for doom2.exe very well done.:)But I think instead of a rifle why not use a machine gun?I mean wolfenstein had one,and so did doom3.And I bet if doom Didn't have a shotgun they'd have a machine gun.don't you think?I can supply the sprite's because I already made one before.or you can make two version's (with different dehacked's)One with a machine gun and one with a rifle.

Thanks! :D

It's a rifle because that's how it is in KDiZD, and this is supposed to be a recreation of that. If you or someone else wants to make an addon that replaces the rifle with a machinegun or some other weapon, I would have no problem with that of course, but I don't think I want to change it officially.

(sniper) 109 said:

There supposed to be hires texture's.(for those's who aren't able to figure put what the texture folder is for),(or for people who use software mode)and personally I like them better then the original texture's (add's more detail I think)but that's just my opinion.

It's not what I mean, the textures are good, it's just how they are placed which can be improved, but it's just my opinion ;)
Look carefully the last screen and you'll understand what I say perhaps

Oh well cant have everything:)But I gave it a second though and why not make two dehacked's?With the the grenade launcher instead of a rifle Im not to good with wHackeD or what ever its called so I cant really do anything.Would you atleast like to see the machine gun sprite?(If I find out how to embed a picture on this thread)

(sniper) 109 said:

Oh well cant have everything:)But I gave it a second though and why not make two dehacked's?With the the grenade launcher instead of a rifle Im not to good with wHackeD or what ever its called so I cant really do anything.Would you atleast like to see the machine gun sprite?(If I find out how to embed a picture on this thread)

Can't do it. I originally had both the grenade launcher and the rifle, but there were a bunch of problems with the grenade launcher that made it essentially worthless as a weapon. I ended up using the projectile from it for something else, though, so I couldn't add it back now even if I wanted to, without removing some of the monsters.

Thanks GreyGhost.K!r4 I see what your saying but if you think that's the moon base then your wrong.Its e2m1. (Which is no longer in hell)if you open doom2 and look down the hall way and tell me if there is a resemblance ;)that's right instead of making remaking e2m1 from doom and following a pattern I decide to remake funner levels from all the episodes,but remaking hell on earth for shore's of hell ,Plutonia for inferno,and tnt evilution for thy flesh consumed.so it's "all the same but different"and no riped levels :)

No once again it's not what I mean :P
I mean in the last screen, we see too many time the same flat at the floor, the ceiling and even as texture in the same room, as well as a brutal break from the base texture aside.

Well the reason I did that Is use it on the edge's or else it look's like "just another doom wad"Kdizd and hellraiser both inspired me to do that.But!..That is only in the first episode.So thanks for the tip ill use it in the next three episodes.

esselfortium I saw on your WIP page you need mapper's.I can help.(but I dont know how to open kdizd with doombuilder)But aside from that I can help you out.I could probobly make a whole Kdizd map for doom2 in a month or less in exchange you could help me with redoomv2.wad a little... If you want

I need help with the intermission screen's so anyone that want's to make a hell on earth intermission screen is welcome to help (this is a doom1 wad so I cant use the usually intermission)