Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unidenti7ied

Problem with secrets in ZDooM/GZDooM

Hi there. I hope, anyone can help me with this problem, i searched the whole forum, but couldn't find an answer:-( So, here it is:
I've created a MAP01, for example. Now, i load this map/.wad with the doom2 .wad in ZDooM or GZDooM or any other port. The Status in game tells me, that there are 5 secrets to find, but i didn't put any secret in my map(sector effect 1024). I've tried to solve this problem, so i build 5 secrets in my map. And now the status in game tells me, that there are 10 secrets to find. So i deleted the 5 secrets, but the hud/status tells me, that there are still 10 secrets to find.
What have I done wrong? Hope, somebody can find an answer,thx.
Btw: I use Doombuilder

For every problem you ever have with a wad, upload it to a filesharing site like Zshare. This makes it much easier for us to help you.

I think, though, that you simply have some other sectors with different sector effects that make the area secret. For example, are you sure that none of your sectors have the effect "9"? Use Doombuilder's "Find" command to see.

Maybe you have unreferenced sectors you once deleted hanging around. Best check your WAD for that. Such sectors still exist even though they don't have any physical space attached to them.

Hey, thx for help. I solved this problem now. I simply used XWE and deleted the '1024' effect in all 'infected' sectors. That was too easy:-) Thx again for help.