Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Should they call back Romero?

Do you think Id should call John Romero and get him to design some levels for the new doom? Also, i'd like to see some of the classic doom/doom2 levels with the new engine. what do you think?

What for?

Romero made good levels for the old dooms, 8 years ago. He's not familiarized with the new tools and techniques, and he's quite busy starting his new bussiness.

Remakes of the old levels will be one of the first user-made levels we'll see after the game's out. It's not necesary to include those in the game.

That sounds like a good idea, maybe he'll help make Doom 3 as entertaining and addictive as Daikatana :p

it might be good idea,but it is not necessary.Tim Willits,the lead designer of DOOM3 did the good job in quake2 (in level design).even withoutd Romero but we still can expect to see good level design like that.

besides ROMERO,i want American Mcgee making new game in DOOM3 engine,his work in Alice is fantastic.

That sounds like a good idea, maybe he'll help make Doom 3 as entertaining and addictive as Daikatana :p

//shudders
The thought of that is scarier than Doom 3 will ever be.

I agree, American McGee should make another game. Alice was great, though a little simplified as far as level structure goes (what, like 5 secrets in the whole game?- any game that I can write a walkthrough for can't be too complex). Maybe it's just the lack of notoriety, but it seems like Alice didn't do very well. Maybe I'm just blind or something.

//shudders
The thought of that is scarier than Doom 3 will ever be.

Rofl

the level design in ALICE was fantastic ,but the game play gets boring pretty fast.American Mcgee has still be able to create interesting-looks level.if id will choose one, Mcgee or Romero to create level in DOOM3,Magee should get the vote.

My parents have divorced, so I have moved to a new appartment.

This shit is so addictive.

You don't seem too frazzled.

I don't think the old levels would fit the complexity of the new engine, sad, but true.

I would've liked to see modified versions of the original levels, but I realize now that the old levels are too surreal (even the darn well-designed levels of episode 1), while Doom 3 will have complex, realistic level design with rooms which serve a purpose.

The old levels would likely be made by fans, as Zaldron points out, but I'm curious if they'll still bear ANY resemblance to the old ones.

Fan-made recreations of the old maps would defenitely not look like the old ones, when speaking of amounts of enemies! Because while the new engine can't render too many enemies on-screen (Zaldron once estimated up to 5 enemies on-screen - ain't much!), the old Doom levels had lots of enemies (and the Doom 2 levels had hordes of enemies on-screen)

On a different note: What I fear the most about this "Doom 3", is whether it'll still be action-packed enough, or whether it'll be a slow puzzle-based game. Carmack claims that the game will have a slower pace, does that mean that it'll be more like HL? *shudders*

I'm all for sofisticated gameplay elements, but I don't want to bother my brain too much while playing an fps, I want to kill!