Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(sniper) 109

Doom 64 II The Rising

this shows a lot of ambition. anyways, use imageshack for screenshots, its easier.

(sniper) 109 said:

Its ok to remove the red fireball.Is it possible to remove different monsters like spidermastermind/chaingunner/revenant?Do the weapons work properly?like the chaingun,chainsaw,shotgun,ssg and plasma rifle?
And hardcore_gamer
If it works on doom2.exe I think it will work on all ports of doom except maybe jdoom because that port has trouble handling texture1 and pnames I'll need to test that but it does work o skulltag and boom(dsdoom is prboom,just port **).

Im making this with a BEX patch with Boom compatibility in mind.
Here are the changes I've made so far:

-The guns no longer light up rooms, the only parts of guns that are lit are the muzzle flashes

-The chaingun fires more rapidly and I changed the palette on the chaingun. Muzzle flash on chaingun is now orange instead of blue

-Chaingunner is now the Motherdemon, it shoots seeker missles

-Removed the spidermastermind/revenant/arch-vile

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I may or may not contribute a map to this. What's your texture naming convention? I'll guess you just use the TILExxxx and FTILExxx nomenclature of the TC?

EDIT: Here are the screenshots, re-hosted on ImageShack for convenience.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The other six. I couldn't include them in my first post due to Doomworld restrictions. Also, consider me a signed mapper. I'll also do some resource work regarding textures and a finer palette that I've custom-made specifically to work the best with Doom64 resources if you want.

I can add more textures thats not really a problem Im more worried about the dehacked right now.but what I would like to see some more maps.
fisk I would like to see it send it to me pm or email.
hardcore gamer they are few in number but there should be enough for one map right?I'll add more later

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The problem isn't the amount of textures. It's because those that I see in the images don't look like they converted 100% accurately to your palette (same with the monsters and weapons), and because if you're taking images from the TC, TILExxxx and FTILExxx are horrible texturing name patterns to work with.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

That's even worse! Oh, lordy.

(sniper) 109 said:

hardcore gamer they are few in number but there should be enough for one map right?I'll add more later

It's not just the amount of textures, but the fact that many of them look the same and don't go very well with one another. I will upload
screenshots of a my map right now....

EDIT: Here they are:

As you can see there are some Doom/Doom2 textures there, but the fit so well that i was wandering if it would be ok to just leave them there?

Ok, everyone. stop what you're doing right now. Don't move. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars. I'm working a DeHackEd for this, and a somewhat better palette. I think everyone's job will be easier when I get this out to everyone. Wait another 24 hours.

Patrick Pineda said:

Ok, everyone. stop what you're doing right now. Don't move. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars. I'm working a DeHackEd for this, and a somewhat better palette. I think everyone's job will be easier when I get this out to everyone. Wait another 24 hours.

I am afraid i will have to wait another 2 weeks:(

See ya in that time! (goes to Portugal.....tomorow)

(sniper) 109 said:

so your working on map02...I like the way it looks but I see alot of doom1 texture's if you want I can edit it a bit?

Perhaps, first i want to see what Patrick(Janitor) us up to with his dehacked thing.

EDIT: It's MAP 01, not 02. Is somebody using slot 01?

(sniper) 109 said:

yeah me I made a new level for map01 and I'm working on map03

Yea i just played those! What fool i am for not noticing that the wad you sent me also had levels on it and not just textures and sprites!

I guess i will change my slot to MAP04 then!

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Patrick Pineda said:

somewhat better palette

Been there, done that. Dare to compare when yours is done?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Here's a few images showing the new palette I made from scratch and textures that were decompressed and ripped directly from the Doom 64 ROM (every single one of them). The sprites are from the TC... For now.

This is merely an example of how much easier this could be if you didn't use the textures out of console_doom.wad. Do not take the above screenshots too seriously, just yet.

I personally hope people start using Kaiser's new port instead of the old "warez conversion" to make mods. The more, the better.

myk I doubt you read much,because I said it would be ported to dsdoom
(dsdoom aka doom on a nintendo ds)and if kaiser wants to port this to his engine,then kaiser can do it himself right?

Fisk said:

Been there, done that. Dare to compare when yours is done?

Actually, I like the looks of yours. send it to me asap

Damn!fisk those are awesome pic's, but every texture in your map,and is that the doom64 absolution?or a diferent wad?(textures)if its the doom64 absolution then It wont run on prboom/dsdoom,but you can make a custom texture1 and pnames but it must be prboom compatible.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

It was just a demo wad I did to demonstrate the palette. It officially counts as it's own IWAD, and will run on DSDoom (that's what it was designed for), but the sounds will not be played correctly because they're all 16-bit WAVs instead of Doom's format. The entire thing is 100% Boom compatible otherwise, no Absolution TC involvement except the temporary sprites.

As I said, the textures were extracted straight out of the Doom 64 ROM file.

@Patrick: I will send you my palette and COLORMAP in a few moments. Hang in there.

EDIT: Sent it. Check your PMs.

Did u make that map?(I already have working wavs look in the sounds of the d642tr.wad its self,and the jdoom doom64 sprite coversion has proper wavs also.)im not worried about that. and if the map is yours then I would like to use it.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Yes. I'm working on adding a little more Doom64-like architecture and monster/item placement. It uses the texture-names found in the Doom64 ROM, though. Do you want those too?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

@Sniper: Check your PMs.