Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

simple short zdoom map (2.1.7 only?)

Sigh, in zdoom 2.2.0 the stupid player1 start dummies don't move along the scrolling floors it seems, so the level's unplayable. However if you idclip over there and shoot them (without iddqd) THEN they start scrolling... retards.

It seems to work fine in zdoom 2.1.7 for me though (shouldn't work outside of zdoom). The map is zdoom, doom in hexen format. Whatever, its an extremely short simple level with no eye candy whatsoever but I thought the gameplay was interesting/ unconventional/ challenging.

I might just not be using the scrolling right (I just tweaked until it happened to work (in 2.1.7 at least) without knowing what I'm doing). For starters they scroll diagonally sorta instead of in a straight line but I worked around that.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rbecob

A general comment about the map:

ZWow!

I might just not be using the scrolling right (I just tweaked until it happened to work (in 2.1.7 at least) without knowing what I'm doing).

That's plainly obvious. :P

I have no idea why they work to some degree in 2.1.7 but they clearly shouldn't. Nearly everything that could be declared wrong for them has been done wrong. The way they are set their speed is 0 so obviously they don't do anything. 2.1.7 must have used some uninitialized data somewhere.

Do you know how to fix it for 2.2.0? This is what I have I think:

line tag: (the tag for which sector you want to scroll)
scroll bits: 0
method: 1
horizontal speed: 0
vertical speed: 0

The dummies still do scroll in 2.2.0, but only if you shoot them without iddqd. (tried making horz and ver speed = 16 and that did nothing). Maybe I'll check the doom wiki to see if it has info.