Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WillWater87

Skulltag forum hacked

Something is going on at the skulltag forums lately, someone has hacked into metalhead's account and fucked everything up, spread a word a little

I think pretty much everyone knows by now through the various IRC channels.

EDIT: Except Metalhead, who isn't awake yet. The storm is brewing.

I heard about that on IRC. I was out for a little while and this is what I find? Bah! I hate hackers >:( I seriously hope they don't come here :(

Dreadopp said:

Bah! I hate hackers >:( I seriously hope they don't come here :(

The only hacking that goes on in DW is by regular members as a lighthearted joke.

I pop in on a periodic basis, and much to my demise this shit is happening. Nothing new tho since this has happened to me some times. Can you bring some background story such as IRC logs etc so one knows what is going on?

Well most people hate Metalhead and the overall moderation on these forums, it's not a surprise that sporadically they got this kind of troubles. Hacking is bad, but also they (Metalhead and other moderators) should change their attitude at least to prevent these kind of issues. It's pretty common in ST servers to read comments of people bitching about her.

this is what happens when you let an incompetent irresponsible emo girl take charge of adminstrator access.

If it was really 'hacked', then it's the issue with the board software.

I care less about the drama since I never go there. The end.

A bunch of spam topics were made, anyone who replied names were changed and some posts were edited. Also, the board style was borked and Simk decided he would expose his chode to us all through video. Hot.

Ahh Well, I needed an excuse to be a moron and counter-spam. Megacockz <3

Didn't the same thing happen relatively recently? This isn't hacking but simply using a password. I'm sure this has happened in the last month or two. Wasn't it even the same person's account?

Mancubus II said...
Wasn't it even the same person's account?

I think so. At least according to the paragraph at the top of the page. I don't know how true it was but apparently it's all to get back at Metalhead.

I don't know if it's over yet but the forums are down.

As much as weird things happen from MH, hacking a forum is just dumb, especially a doom community one. Too bad they couldn't target the Runescape community... since half the people on that game would shit their pants.

exp(x) said:

Where's your security through obscurity now? :P

Haha nice one :P

I'm never on the ST forums so I can't know why it's happened, but still few of the threads fucked were funny.

exp(x) said:
Where's your security through obscurity now?

If only the forum were open sou... oh, wait...

CODOR said:

If only the forum were open sou... oh, wait...

While the software running the forum may be open source, the database sure as hell doesn't have full public read access. Nice try, though.

exp(x) said:
Nice try, though.

I know, this doesn't have much or anything at all to do with open source vs. closed source, but don't let that get in the way of my lame attempts at humour!

Unless, of course, the hack was obtained through a bug in phpBB, in which case it just shows that the software's users could potentially find and repair the bug (or at least produce a temporary workaround) without waiting for a new official release. Not that I'm comparing that to any currently-closed-source, client-server, online multiplayer Doom ports that may or may not be named in the thread title... :-)

exp(x) said:

While the software running the forum may be open source, the database sure as hell doesn't have full public read access. Nice try, though.

That really has nothing to do with security through obscurity... though I'll let it pass because neither your post neither CODOR's were really serious to begin with...

This shit is lame. Whoever these so-called "hackers" are, they need to get some maturity, and a life. And in that order. Seriously, what is the point of doing this?

John Smith said:

This shit is lame. Whoever these so-called "hackers" are, they need to get some maturity, and a life. And in that order. Seriously, what is the point of doing this?

j00 b33n H4X0R1111

You know, I never understood this anti-Metalhead sentiment at all. First of all, the most common complaint against her seems to be that, as an administrator, she administrates. Maybe I'm just a little bit too accepting, but that seems fair to me. As for these hackers, their complaint appears to be that she's a security threat, because her password has not stood up to the attacks... from these same hackers. Well gee. Maybe if they weren't trying to fuck Skulltag up there wouldn't be a problem.

Creaphis said:

You know, I never understood this anti-Metalhead sentiment at all. First of all, the most common complaint against her seems to be that, as an administrator, she administrates. Maybe I'm just a little bit too accepting, but that seems fair to me. As for these hackers, their complaint appears to be that she's a security threat, because her password has not stood up to the attacks... from these same hackers. Well gee. Maybe if they weren't trying to fuck Skulltag up there wouldn't be a problem.

Metalhead deserves appreciation, she did well with her administration powers and all the hackers do is treat her like shit.

Creaphis said:

You know, I never understood this anti-Metalhead sentiment at all.

It's so very simple, though.

Metalhead is a girl. Most of the online Doom gamers are immature and insecure 13-year old boys. And there you have it.

They hate her because she's a girl and, as the little bundle of sexist egoism they are, they think a girl's place is below them, not above them. All they puerile insults they've used during their attack of the forums (gay, dyke, whore, and so on) reveals that they're just a bunch of young, sexually-frustrated morons. They just can't tolerate that a "bitch" has power over them. This forum hacking was just their way to "show" the true power of the penis, because they have one and they need to persuade themselves that the one they have isn't too small.

Seen how the major point they hold against Metalhead is how they're calling her a lesbian? It doesn't matter whether it's true or not, this homophobia merely illustrates how all their frustrations comes from their own puberty crisis.

Too bad most of the frustrated geeks don't know that the e-penis isn't the real thing.