Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Prank songs to put on someone's iPod

A friend of mine left her iPod at my house and she left for vacation, and I was thinking of replacing all her songs with music she'd never listen to. She's got a lot of shitty poppy stuff like Sum 41 and Simple Plan. I was thinking of replacing it all with 'Never gonna give you up' but she's not all that internet savvy so i dont think she will get the joke.

Instead I was thinking of replacing it with black metal and grindcore and stuff. I already put in a bunch of songs from Rotten Sounds, from an album my other friend gave me.

What other 'scary' loud obnoxiously frightening music should I put in there? Any free samples from band's I could use that would freak her out when she gets back from Maryland?

The entire contents of "Effortless Regurgitation...The Torture Sessions" by Regurgitate. Somewhere around 60 short tracks of guitar riffs accompanied by heavy drumming and incomprehensible gurgling noises. The song names are the one redeeming value. With titles like "Forced Abortion Through The Rectum" and "Phrenetic Chainsaw Slaughter of a Crippled Infant", you really can't go wrong.

First off, don't actually replace the music. Just rename the iTunesDB directory to something else and make a new structure to make it seem as though the songs are all replaced. When she undoubtedly gets angry/upset that all her songs are gone, just instruct her to delete your joke iTunesDB dir and rename the old one.

Secondly, all your base, base, base, all your base are belong to us.

Anything from mock2.
Anything from Gwar.
Anything from Dethklok (preferably Dr. Rockso does cocaine)

Download the Ramayana Monkey Chant. Rename it to one of the MP3s in her collection. Overwrite the old one. Repeat.

Or better yet: if you have a sound editing program that can do macros, I suggest editing all the MP3s to play at double speed. Everything will appear normal until she tries to listen to her songs. Then she'll think there's something wrong with her player and take it in to be fixed.

Of course, leave a copy of the unedited originals on your hard drive for when you deliver the punchline... or don't.

Bah. How uncreative.

If you really want to pull a good prank, put a little more thought into it.

For example, run some kind of batch process on all the songs affecting the audio in some way. The most obvious would be to pitch-shift them down an octave or so that she might think something is up with her ipod, or if she's a moron maybe that it's possessed by the devil.

Although I would just add intermittent beeps so she'd really think it was broken.

Or, no wait! Add whispers, in one channel at a time! Schizophrenic voices telling her to kill, because they're all against her!

FUCK, I have to get myself into this situation so I can do this to someone!

Peronally, I'd replace it with a lot of stuff like Frank Zappa and Dvorak. People with bad taste in music get confused with good intellectual stuff.

Also, what MikeRS said. Don't actually delete anything. That's just rude.

Richo Rosai said:

For example, run some kind of batch process on all the songs affecting the audio in some way. The most obvious would be to pitch-shift them down an octave or so that she might think something is up with her ipod, or if she's a moron maybe that it's possessed by the devil.

Jinx.

Randomly plop a sound of a VERY loud explosion in some random location (preferably in the more active directories of the IPod).

Then if she's around you while listening to it, wait for her to jump, then you'll know...

Surprised no-one has mentioned Anal Cunt yet.

But yes, back up her stuff first, otherwise you're just a dick.

I just saw the title and had to put this here.

EDIT: Actually, it doesnt matter whether you're in the know or not, it's still funny. This video never fails to crack me up.

Wesley Willis songs. Especially those where he cusses a lot and sounds very angry.

Demonise all songs.
You can do it by making 3-5 tracks that play at the same time and each next has lower pitch than the previous one.
Results are very creepy.

JohnnyRancid said:

Instead I was thinking of replacing it with black metal and grindcore and stuff. I already put in a bunch of songs from Rotten Sounds, from an album my other friend gave me.

I suspect there would be little point in sticking a whole load of songs like that on the phone because she wouldn't listen to them all.

Some of the other suggestions that make her think her music is OK but then, when she listens to it, she finds out it's changed would be good. Also, it would require more effort and, if she's smart enough, may actually appreciate the effort you went to in winding her up.

But, as others have said, make sure you can get her stuff back for her. It may be shit, but it's her shit.

t.v. said:

Try the brilliant music of Wesley Willis!

I have a cassette tape of him in my car. It's a great conversation opener.

Alboroto said:

The Piccard Song by Dark Materia

I personally wouldn't be creeped out by that one, rather I'd laugh my ass off if I'd have heard that for the first time.