Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pilottobombadier

Lock and Load 5 released

Death-Destiny said:

Thank for not flaming him out.

Death-Destiny: All you need to do is download it, play with it, enjoy it.

Heh, my actual purpose for immediately coming back here was actually to state that, yes, you need EDGE 1.31 to use this mod.

had a look at this over at DRD. not going to lie, EDGE makes me flinch and some of these sprites are waaaaayy to overused. Nice effort though, I definitely had fun with this.

Okay, maybe my description wasn't very accurate. Okay, it was a deliberate understatement :P

Copy-pasted from my website:
"
-RPG elements - you gain increases to health and ammo capacities, armours get upgraded as well as some weapons, too. Based on experience plateaus.

-Dual-wield SMGs. I just had to.

-Modified (lowered) pain chances on the Boss monsters (Cyb, Spider and Baron).

-Changed Chaingunner to Assault Trooper, fires faster

-All zombie attacks release casings

-Rebalanced zombie attacks to match yours to some degree, increased the potency of the Spider and Cyb attacks..

-Completely changed the health system. There are no medpacks, you regenerate 1 HP every 2 seconds. Health only comes from health potions, the Soulsphere and the Berserk Pack and they cap at 100.

-Armour helmets are now bonus experience point pickups.

-N00dz. Just kidding.
"

There's much, much more here than in the last release in terms of gameplay changes.

Death-Destiny said:

Jeez my computer has so many doom mods...

Skulltag
Zdoom
Odamex
Boom
GZdoom
Eternity
PrBoom
ZDaemon
Legacy
Chocolate
Doomsday
Vavoom

And now Edge :/

SO MUCH DOOM. Luckily Zdoom + Skulltag cover most. I think :_(

Black Metal said:

Skulltag
Zdoom
Odamex
Boom
GZdoom
Eternity
PrBoom
ZDaemon
Legacy
Chocolate
Doomsday
Vavoom

SO MUCH DOOM

Welcome to DOOMWORLD!

nightmare93 said:

Welcome to DOOMWORLD!

Heh thats true...
I should go get every source code thing out there so I'm prepared for anything.

Of course the EDGE 3-d thing sounds cool (being able to do floors on floors).

Black Metal said...
Of course the EDGE 3-d thing sounds cool (being able to do floors on floors).

3D floors also work in GZDoom, ZDoom and Skulltag.

Lord_Z said:

3D floors also work in GZDoom, ZDoom and Skulltag.

I swear, my brain must not be functioning today :(
I even made a 3-d floor level in zdoom that I'm planning on releasing in a month. That's how bad I'm not functioning today.

Black Metal said:

Skulltag
Zdoom
Odamex
Boom
GZdoom
Eternity
PrBoom
ZDaemon
Legacy
Chocolate
Doomsday
Vavoom

SO MUCH DOOM. Luckily Zdoom + Skulltag cover most. I think :_(

... and don't forget Risen3D

I expected as much...listen, if you're not going to download it and play it, please don't post in this topic. Any reservations you have against the EDGE port are ultimately your problem, not mine.

This topic is about Lock and Load and using it with EDGE 1.31. It is not about any other sourceport, so please don't bother going to the trouble of mentioning crap as meaningless to this topic as Legacy.

EDGE supports EDGE features, and only EDGE. Period.

Any particular subversion of 1.31, or should it compatable with any of the beta/RC/ect.-s?

I used the latest, so RC#2. Unless there's a new release candidate. But yes, 1.31-anything should work. Unless it doesn't work on your computer at all.

Ahh, I just tried it out with RC1, and I must say, very well done.
Is there any way to tell how close you are to the next level? And if not now, any chance of it happening in the future?
Also, I've noticed that reloading with unspent ammunition in the magazines of certain weapons causes said ammo to vanish entirely with some weapons, and not others. Was one way or the other intended on certain weapons?

One other thing, would be I've noticed the range of a few of the weapons not being as far as comparable weapons that some of the lesser hitscan enemies (although it might just be bad luck or not paying enough attention to what's out of my field of view)...

Sorry, it was RC1, I got it confused with 1.29. which did have two releases.

No, unfrtunately, there's no way to track experience past...level...7, I think. Once it goes past 1000, you're pretty much blind. But the scale is loosely based off of DnD;

How it works is like this:

Each level is 50 points times that level plus the value of the last level. Needless to say, you'd hit peak (level 20) in Plutonia, for instance, before level 30, so I may eventually put in extra level-ups for the exceptionally brutal wads. Unfotunately, health and armour in EDGE can't cap past 200, but I can toy with ammo and throw in more powerful versions of other weapons...or introduce new ones.

Only time will tell.

pilottobombadier said:

How it works is like this:

Each level is 50 points times that level plus the value of the last level.

So would it be...

[Level - required since last level (total required)]

1 - 50 (50)
2 - 100 (150)
3 - 150 (300)
4 - 200 (500)
...and so on

Or would it be...

[Same table structure]

1 - 50 (50)
2 - 150 (200)
3 - 250 (450)
4 - 350 (800)
...and so on

The former. The latter table makes me wonder what drugs you're on :P

The experience point scale goes as such:

1 = 50
2 = 150
3 = 300
4 = 500
5 = 750
6 = 1050
7 = 1400
8 = 1800
9 = 2250
10 = 2750
11 = 3300
12 = 3900
13 = 4550
14 = 5250
15 = 6000
16 = 6800
17 = 7650
18 = 8550
19 = 9500
20 = 10500

Ahh, thanks. Oh, one thing I noticed, I was playing around on The Spire 2, and managed to ding 20 before the end of the map, so one thing to consider might be spacing the levels out a little more along with adding a few more perks to gaining levels.

It's actually geared at Doom 1 and 2. When I can get around to adding more level-ups (I just got back from school, and I need to move my computer desk from my sister's to my parents'), that will happen.

The reason why there are so many predicitable perks is balance, but be rest assured, Levels 20 to 30 will pretty much render the player a god (at least in the face of old-school Doom).

However, I am considering a new algorithm using similar criteria, just a higher modifier. When I get my computer set up properly, that will happen.

I'll give a run-through of Squadron 417 with it to see how it currently stacks up.