Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richo Rosai

Those damned pineapple guys!!!!!

I've accidentally gone to that site (or at least closed a window that was in the process of loading it) like 5 times now.

There's no apparent close button so you just have to wait for it! At least Mulder and Scully hat a little barely visible [close] box...

Godammit, I opened this thread and managed to immediatley click on the same exact pop-up D:

I BOYCOTT THEE!!!!

Bloodshedder said:

Popups? Ads? Where?

I assume you mean there's a way not to see them. I figure so, but this is the only site I frequent which has anything Firefox doesn't handle by default so I've never gotten around to looking into that...

I don't usually mind adds but the ones here like to impair my vision and use very small or invisible close buttons. Really annoying...

What a minute, you're trying to tell me Doomworld has ads? Seriously? Get out of here!

*looks under the covers* - Nope, no ads here.
*looks under the bed* - Nope, no ads here either.
*looks in the closet* - Nope, there's no ads here.
*looks behind the curtain* - Definitely no ads here.

See, you're just imagining things! :p

I refused to buy "Soldner: Secret Wars" or see that film with the burning guy on a motorbike (but apparently both where pretty shitty anywaty) because of flash ads. The soldner one especially as it "faded in" slowly so you'd click on it while it was invisible

I thought you were being harassed by Quakers with grenade launchers, not ads.

GreyGhost said:

Better than for those people that's for sure, since there's the risk of getting caught by angry cops while flashing bare cheeks.

Jodwin said:

I have ads on my ass.

I actually heard that a guy was willing to sell his body to advertising on eBay. He was short on money, and for a formidable price he would get a tattoo of an ad for a big company somewhere on his body.

Normally I don't get ads but on /idgames/ FireFox blocks many popups, the banners are there at the top, and some incredibly irritating flash-based popup ads get through. Like the mentioned Pineapple guys.

I've yet to see the pineapple guys, but I did see one window about a futon or something. futon news? like I need news on furniture.

EDIT: upon disabling adblock, I noticed about 3 ads that were blatant copyright infringement.

Planky said:

Install Adblock Plus

Download is only a couple of seconds and a restart of FF and you are good to go (ad-free too)

I tried that, but it makes certain features on the forums vanish for me :/

Black Metal said:

I tried that, but it makes certain features on the forums vanish for me :/

Huh? Like what exactly?

Maybe to appeal to frequent complaints, I now noticed that the Pineapple guys have a HUGE ASS CLOSE BUTTON (only that it blends and camouflages with the DW background...coincidence?)