Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
8thmonth

reverse-engineering

I'm sure everyone here remembers dehacked. I have an old mod with a modified exe file instead of a dehacked patch. Is there any way to turn the exe back into a dehacked lump to play it in Zdoom?

Thanks.

I'm not aware of any, but if worst comes to worst, you can always load the modified .exe as default in dehacked, note the changes, and recreate them manually.

I've only just heard of D2X, and haven't tried it myself, but isn't it all stolen content anyway? And is there really no place to download it fresh?

Oh, I misunderstood. I didn't realize that the mod came with a modified exe - I thought you had made a modified exe yourself and lost the dehacked patch, in which case the easiest solution would have been to download the mod again. Yeah, this will have to be reverse-engineered, then (if it really is as good as you say).

8thmonth's link said:

This is a Doom2 Wad.

Damn right it is - it is derived right off Doom2.wad! The reason why it's hard to find is that because it is illegal!

Ugh, more otakus making freeware games off of obviously unauthorized use of commercial materials being largely ignorant of international copyright laws.

D2X Gold was re-released with a dehacked patch. Look around - you'll find it, or PM me for the patch.

Yes..I see that now. The version I had didn't have the dehacked file.
That saves me a lot of trouble.
Oh, and I see what you mean about it containing art from Doom.
I cut out all the copyrighted images. It should be OK now.

I'll post the clean link if anyone wants it.

Er, so do you still not have the dehacked patch? I have the dehacked for both d2x and d2xgold if you would like them :) And as far as I know, they're just dehacked patches so they don't contain anything illegal :P

what is this d2x gold you speak of anyway? I've never heard of it. Apparently it's good, if it's not to much to ask could you post some screens of it?

JohnnyRancid said:

Apparently it's good

LOL

it isn't
it's doom, animeified (you're some armored redheaded anime girl), complete with corny duke nukem sprite rips and copy pastas and even a Korax quote when you die. It, like a similar otaku run project, bills itself as an all new game, even having its own cheat codes.

The weapons are ridiculously powerful and the monsters are likewise ridiculously cheap and kill you quick, and some of the new monsters are really dumb (like the red zappy orb).
It's not worth trying. It's typical DoomWadStation fare.