Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
8thmonth

Counter Strike Source mod

michalt441 is working on a mod of CSS for doom, and he asked me to help out. It's about %98 finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OY0rj7vNVs

..Oh and I know THIS part is in the wrong section, but does anyone know how to bind a key to zoom in the view, shoot the BFG, and return the view to normal, all in one button?

Thanks.

-edit.

I posted a link without the author's OK, and he's asked me to remove it until the game is ready.

I don't understand the point of using model rips if your weapons have virtually no animation. Most of them look like cardboard cut-outs. Have you thought about editing the sprites to better fit Doom's palette and look?

Yes...I've noticed that. All the weapon animations are from single screen shots. Normally, I rip a model from the original game, and use a model viewer to pose them to convert to graphics. However, I don't have this game, so I'm just using screen shots, which don't have all the frames.

You're right...It would look a lot better if I did it the right way.

It needs a lot of work to be perfect. The s-shotgun as a ak47 isn't a great fit either. :P

Oh well.

..Far too many! :P

No, just 2 or 3 that I'm aware of. Not including mods of Half Life, the original game.

Hitch your wagon to a star.

Dose it include a simulated chat box that calls you a camping jew nigger faggot every time you stand still for a fraction of a second?

I must say...Those are the 2 strangest responses I've ever seen to a forum post.
For the first...Get that man an aspirin!

And the second...No comment.

But, as long as I'm here, I've seen a mod or two that reloads weapons, so I might include that, but this is someone else's project. I've already gone past what I was suppose to do, and replaced just about every piece of artwork.

He's coming back from vacation in September.

I'll know then how far this'll go.

Captain Red said:

Dose it include a simulated chat box that calls you a camping jew nigger faggot every time you stand still for a fraction of a second?

If you want your mod to be anything like CS this must be included.

These model rips really need some work. They are too big and the way they barely stick out of the right side of the screen does not look good at all. After you rip them in the model viewer or whatever you're using, I'd advise resizing them to a more natural size and fixing the alignments.

There's been a slight update to my Counter Strike Doom mod.
You can check it out here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c0vhl0
And a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz5nZBfW_PA

As good as it is, I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. I only started this project, because 2 or 3 CS doom mods were using sprites ripped from Mr. J's H-L mod, which irked me. It shouldn't have...His stuff was always offered to all to do what they liked with.
Anyway, enjoy.

Now...To get back to my "high"(2x) resolution sprite wad.
I think that'll turn out great when it's finished.

-EDIT Minor spelling error...Sorry.

I've played it. Needs more work. I think people are kind of sick of Counter Strike rips by now, no offence. It has been been done so many times.

mmmm cs source?
mmm well yes, when i make the csbeta96 i was used the blackfish frames because is very similar to cs 1.6 dinamick....he make a cool job with that, and i was implemented my frames too and make a mix...the result was very good...now the csbeta97 is totally diferent, new guns from cs condition zero deleted scenes..

Yes, I was greatly impressed with csbeta96. The only thing that could be called "wrong" with it, was it's size. It did a good job of porting counter strike to doom. Personally, I didn't care for the reloading feature, but that's just my personal tastes.