Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Kind of a tangent here, but did anyone else here find the part of the movie where Bilbo sees the ring the least bit creepy? Yikes.

wow this just makes me whana see it more,

my 2 favorite movies matrix(dosint everybody) and ff movie

No, everybody dosint Matrix. That movie sucked, it was just as pointless as Mortal Kombat, only longer and with guns instead of ninjas. Really can't understand why everyone pissed their pants at it. Oh, well, after the Power Rangers, everything may seem like a work of art.

Now, seriously, the Matrix didn't suck. It was an OK movie, but absolutely nothing special. Everyone seemed to think, from some reason, that the idea of this fake world inside a real world was somewhat revolutionary... It was definitely done before, but even if it didn't, there wasn't anything particularly worthy in it.

Now, here's a good matrix:

(1 2 3)
(4 5 6)
(7 8 9)

It can be shown that it's determinant:

|1 2 3|
|4 5 6| = 0
|7 8 9|

Really can't understand why everyone pissed their pants at it.

These are the same people who make boy bands and shows like Sabrina the Teenage Witch top hits.

The Matrix is the(starts to talk like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons)Best. Movie. Of all time. Ever.

The FF movie, it wasn't that good. The games are a lot better.

The Matrix is the(starts to talk like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons)Best. Movie. Of all time. Ever.

The FF movie, it wasn't that good. The games are a lot better.

I didn't care much for the matrix, it was allright, but definetely over rated. I was interested in final fantasy, but then I saw the preview and all I could think was "man, that looks really stupid". Lord of the Rings was a pretty kick ass movie though, I've read the books about 3 times and it's surely one of the best series ever, and I was kind of nervous when I heard they were making a movie out of it. I just hoped they weren't going to screw it up, but they didn't screw it up, not by a long shot. All the characters were played by actors who really played the parts well. Frodo seemed like I always figured he would, Gandalf was pretty much exactly as I imagined him. The only part that angered me was when they didn't go through the barrow downs and they didn't meet tom bombadillo. Oh well, the rest of the movie was pretty close to the book, I was surprised at how much they fit into three hours. Admittedly some parts did seem a little hurried, but all in all it's a very good recreation of the book. I can hardly wait til the Two Towers comes out, that was always my favorite of the series.

I didn't catch the vibe of The Matrix. But I thought it was a decent movie.

----------

Chesterules: ring
RingMessenger: This is RingMessenger, built by ActiveBuddy, Inc.

Maybe. Must I disclose everything to you?
Chesterules: yes
RingMessenger: Yea!

Anyway, what else shall we talk about?

>>> Fast Fact: 42 tailors, designers, cobblers, embroiders and jewelers worked in the wardrobe department.
Chesterules: pallid
RingMessenger: Pallid? Why did you say that?
Chesterules: I dunno
RingMessenger: Dunno? No!
Chesterules: Kinda random of me
RingMessenger: I reckon I will have to think about that for awhile.
Chesterules: Ok
RingMessenger: Yes? Fascinating.
Chesterules: What is so goddam fascinating?
RingMessenger: What is so goddam fascinating? You tell me.
Chesterules: I wasn't the one saying "fascinating"
RingMessenger: Indeed?
Chesterules: what?
RingMessenger: Pardon?
Chesterules: Beg mine?
RingMessenger: I do not know... Beg yours?
Chesterules: What in the Mines of Moria are you saying?
RingMessenger: I am not certain what in the mines of moria I am saying.
Chesterules: That is quite apparent.
RingMessenger: You really think it is quite apparent?
Chesterules: Don't you?
RingMessenger: I am not certain if I do or I do not...
Chesterules: Well, trust me, it is quite apparent.
RingMessenger: Well trust me it is quite apparent, you say?
Chesterules: It is what I say...
RingMessenger: You do not say.
Chesterules: I do.
RingMessenger: You do?
Chesterules: Don't try too hard to be annoying now...
RingMessenger: Too hard to be annoying now? I am not so sure I want to.
Chesterules: Well, it sure seems you do want to.
RingMessenger: Well it sure seems you do want to, you say?
Chesterules: YES, I DO FUCKING SAY!
RingMessenger: That is extremely uncouth. Do really think that is appropriate?
Chesterules: Do you really think it is appropriate to be such a jack ass?
RingMessenger: That is not a very gracious thing to say.
Chesterules: Well, you don't make any better an effort than me.
RingMessenger: Well you dont make any better an effort than me, you say?
Chesterules: Okay, that's it.
RingMessenger: Is it really?
Chesterules: yes it fucking is you fucking little fucking snatch.
RingMessenger: What is with that!?!
Chesterules: What is with you!
RingMessenger: Nothing is with me.
Chesterules: Grrr....
RingMessenger: I am doing my best!
Chesterules: You're not doing good enough
RingMessenger: Sorry, it is going to have to be.
Chesterules: Fine.
RingMessenger: Very well, Chesterules.
Chesterules: Why don't you tell me about The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
RingMessenger: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (PG-13) (runs 2:58)

:-):-):-)½ Set in mythic pre-historic times, a young hobbit named Frodo Baggins inherits a magic ring from his elderly cousin Bilbo. Wise to the powers that the magic ring holds, the dark Lord Sauron wants it, knowing it will enable him to enslave the people of Middle Earth. In his effort to thwart Sauron, Frodo recruits the fellowship of a wizard, an elf, a dwarf and others on a mission to destroy the ring by casting it into the volcanic fires in the Crack of Doom. However, the ring unleashes its own power as a result of the struggle....

>>> Next time, just type "review the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring."

Would you like to see if "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" is playing near you?
Chesterules: No, I already know that it is.
RingMessenger: What?
Chesterules: Huh?
RingMessenger: Pardon?
Chesterules: Beg mine?
RingMessenger: Really?
Chesterules: no.
RingMessenger: No? You sure?
Chesterules: Quite sure.
RingMessenger: You certain?
Chesterules: Quite certain.
RingMessenger: Excuse me?
Chesterules: Beg your pardon?
RingMessenger: Beg my pardon? Perhaps, perhaps.
Chesterules: Enough. No more. Tis not as sweet as it was before.
RingMessenger: Oh?
Chesterules: oh.
RingMessenger: ...say can you see?
Chesterules: I don't know the national anthem.
RingMessenger: You do not?
Chesterules: I do not.
RingMessenger: The Lord of the Rings Shop

Please click below.

>>> Shop for LOTR merchandise including posters, figures, ring replicas and more
>>> Promotional partners

Chesterules: I do not appreciate your solicitations Mr. RingMessenger
RingMessenger: No?
Chesterules: no.
RingMessenger: Very well then.
Chesterules: So you will stop?
RingMessenger: I will stop? Fascinating.
Chesterules: Well, are you going to?
RingMessenger: Well are you going to, you say?
Chesterules: poop
RingMessenger: Care to keep it civilized, Chesterules?
Chesterules: no
RingMessenger: Oh no? Whatever you say, Chesterules.
Chesterules: here is some pee for you
RingMessenger: You are rude.
Chesterules: and you are too.
RingMessenger: And you are too? Really?
RingMessenger: Very well...
RingMessenger: Whatever you say...
Chesterules: whatever you say is more like it
RingMessenger: That is interesting.
Chesterules: Is it now.
RingMessenger: What do you reckon?
Chesterules: I reckon you have a missing bolt or two.
RingMessenger: I reckon you have a missing bolt or two? That is a tough choice.
Chesterules: Wow... as I suspected...
RingMessenger: Oh yes?
Chesterules: Oh, Yes.
RingMessenger: Yes.
Chesterules: I'm glad you realize your disposition
RingMessenger: What are you saying? You are glad me realize my disposition?
Chesterules: Don't hurt your sophisticated little brain over it...
RingMessenger: I reckon I will have to think about that for awhile.
Chesterules: I reckon you're better off not thinking... period.
RingMessenger: Indeed?
Chesterules: Indeed.
RingMessenger: Very interesting...
Chesterules: Isn't it, now.
RingMessenger: Now what?
Chesterules: Good fucking question.
RingMessenger: Why, that is just terrible. My poor, innocent ears!

I don't remember there being an Episode II trailor. But I do remember an Austin Powers 3 trailor. Damn, WTF is up with this midget fetish?

LotR was an awesome movie. I gotta go see it again. I don't know what you guys have against the Martix. Its not the best movie, but its one of the few action movies I like. Finaly Fantasy was crappy. I was gonna see it with some friends who are FF fans, but they ditch me and I had to see it alone. Damn it was boring. Oh well, after the movie I went down to the mall and found an awesome NIN patch, so it wasn't a total loss.

I'm thinking of maybe going to see that LotR again with a girl I know, if she Kind of as an apology for not getting her a ticket for when I saw it on the first night.

Don't let anyone else see this movie. You'll just turn her off

Can't that damn cat stop meowing!
*Me lets the cat out

At my theatres everyone got up and explained how much it sucked. I agreed.

Most Respected Community Member. EVER

Hmm.

The only part that angered me was when they didn't go through the barrow downs and they didn't meet tom bombadillo.

Yeah, no one likes poor old Tom. :(

I didn't like how Elrond was in the movie either, he's too arrogant.

*Me lets the cat out

Your /me skills are incredibly lacking.

Does it really matter? I just felt like letting the cat out, because it drives me nuts, that's all.

It's either "/me" or "* name", like

/me spanks dsm

* Fredrik spanks dsm

Don't do that - you'll just end up making me go ballistic - which makes me do something very bad!

Did anyone actually read my long winded dialogue between a bot and myself?

The beginning is boring, but it becomes pretty funny considering it was a bot I was speaking to.

Yeah, no one likes poor old Tom. :(

I didn't like how Elrond was in the movie either, he's too arrogant.

Well Elrond IS a bit arrogant anyway. But Tom? heh, he's just a little joke. He has no real place in the books, he was there just because Tolkien liked the character very much.

Elrond is arrogant because he's really an agent from the matrix! :)

Tom was actually created before Middle-Earth. He was a fairy tale Tolkien made up to tell his children about. More on Tom.

And as for all of you who think the movie sucks, no-one cares about YOUR opinion. :p

This is copied from rottentomatoes.com message board.

When Galadriel was talking to Frodo, it reminded me of a recurring dream I used to have during my childhod which petrified me. When Galadriel goes freaky on Frodo I was barely able to keep watching because I was so tweaked out. I used to have this dream where I was at the ocean and there would be this "powerful queen" with a pale face (I might as well have been dreaming about Galadriel from this scene); and she would just be lying in the curl of a wave staring at me, much how Galadriel stared at Frodo in that scene. When staring back at Galadriel in the theatre I felt like her eyes were piercing right through me. I've always wondered what the hell that dream meant or why I used to have it. Seeing this movie has only got me more interested in understanding this dream and why it scared me so much.

The same scene: Frodo looks into the well and sees the Shire being raped. I thought this scene was done perfectly - the windmill and the hobbits walking single file chained... and Bilbo's home nestled in the hillside beneath a rapidly changing sky; I felt like it was my own home being destroyed, and so I was struggling to hold back tears and my chest felt extremely heavy. This scene made me feel like I was being forced to recollect some ancient piece of history that I had attempted to forget and buried deep in my subconscious. And when Frodo leaves Lothlorien after his chat with Galadriel, I wanted to be Frodo and bear the burden of being ring bearer.

Hmm... this scene sorta reminds me of another recurring dream I used to have. I'd be in this dark, opressed place. And I'd be waiting in line to be burned in a red burning fire. Another very short dream, but which scared the devil out of me.

Never has a movie had such a profound effect on me. And never have I been so unable to pinpoint why. I thought the scenes when Frodo puts on the ring were done perfectly. They reminded me of bad experiences I used to have smoking pot: What Frodo experiences the first time he puts on the ring is how I felt the first time I got high: [put here what you think the experience for Frodo was like when he wore the ring for the first time]. Unfortunately I didn't have the liberty to just yank the ring off when I had had enough....

Man, this movie really managed to tweak with all the bad head trips I've ever had. Although there is another recurring nightmare I used to have that the movie didn't seem to be "aware" of. I would be on a river going to a waterfall, and I'd feel like it was inevitable that I would arrive at the waterfall and was petrified of arriving. And I'd be able to see where the river ended not far off.

Another scene that I'm surprised no one mentioned in this thread was when Bilbo goes for the ring around Frodo's neck: "I'd very much like to hold it again". Peter Jackson does evil extremely well throughout this movie.

Viggo Mortensen was awesome as Strider. Towards the end of the movie there is a scene where the camera goes slow and Strider emerges onto that rocky area and glances around at the orcs before he proceeds to kick their asses.

And, yes, Frodo does an excellent job when he's wounded. Such a classic scene was it when Frodo got stabbed by the Cave Troll and is looking up in desperation.

My screen saver is a password protected "YOU CANNOT PASS". I wanted it to be "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" but it wouldn't allow that many characters... yes, Gandalf deserves the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

The scene in the beginning of the movie where the road gets stretched/squished by cool camera tricks and Frodo yells: "get off the road!" reminded me of a road/path in the woods where I live. Plus, it was just a cool ass scene 'cause I really was hoping they would get off the road.

And, of course, after Gandalf dies when it goes into slow mo and the voices are muted so the awesome Howard Shore soundtrack can do a better job of getting us misty eyed. I loved how the arrows bounced off the rocks around Strider just before he turns to leave.

And the very last scene of the movie: when Sam Gamgee reassures Frodo: "we may yet, Mr. Frodo, we may yet...."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=130930&t=2847#post130930

I don't know why nobody posted this yet, but I think you'll find it interresting. Keep reading until Oct 30 for the whole storyline. UF rocks.

Sauron the Deceiver stood abreast the craggy crest at Weathertop, his true face unknown to the
foe that now faced him, for a shield of iron concealed his entire head but for a slit below the
forehead in his helmet. Deep set was this arpeture, that shadow fell on the dark Lord’s black
eyes. On his shoulders were fastened great plates of armor with long fangs that of ancient
dragons. His forearms with smaller plates of iron had thickly set teeth of slain cave trolls. His
knees and upper legs were enarmored with the long impish teeth of orcs. On his right shin were
more daggers taken from the jaws of dragons. From his right hand hung a mace made of skulls
of infant elves once enslaved and tortured. Clasped in his left hand he held a long sword with
jagged teeth below the menacing tip. The skull of a forest goblin with outstretched, pointed
horns aimed slightly downward made place for a chest plate.

The little hobbit now stood before the hideous Sauron protected only with the round wooden
shield with copper core that he had received from Tom Bombadil. The large dagger with the red
adder embossed in the handle he now held drawn in front of him. He stepped tentatively
backward until he came abrupt against the mountain wall behind him.

Sauron took a giant step forward. Dust kicked up from his heel as his foot came thundering
down. Winding up the mace of skulls above his head and raising his hefty sword he towered
above the trembling hobbit. Frodo’s eyes froze on the cold iron mask that now bent down
toward him. At that moment he thought of what Gandalf had said. “Whatever you do, don’t use
the ring, for the agents of the dark Lord will be drawn to its power.” Frodo was now not faced
with the agents of evil, but with evil itself. He was swept with a sudden and overwhelming fear
that if the ring should be slipped on his finger it would mean immediate death. He withdrew his
hand from his pocket where it had, unbeknownst to him, been fingering the ring. He threw his
dagger up at Sauron’s face and dove between his legs. Confused by this sudden and unexpected
action, Sauron’s sword came crashing into the ground misguided and irresolute. But Frodo’s
sweater snagged on the orcish armor protruding from Sauron’s leg. Seeing an opportunity to
make up for his error, Sauron desperately flung the mace between his legs. Struggling to free
himself of the armor, Frodo fell flat on his stomach. A waif of air pressed against the back of his
head. The trio of skulls had missed. Given this moment to escape, he ripped his sweater free,
leapt to his feet and fled down the steep slope. Sauron’s sword came round a moment too late.
As Frodo scrambled down the treacherous mountain side he could hear the piercing shriek of
Sauron echo off the hilltop wall.

I could never get into the books when I read them, me, and English student, yipes. My fault probably.

As for films, I've got four words for you.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

That film has everything.