Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Technician

Death Race

I am a huge fan of Roger Corman’s classic budget satire. Death Race 2000 told a story of a cold and deteriorated future that left the public stupid and oppressed from the iron fisted "President" of the new fascist America. And the only outlet was a TV broadcasted blood fest of a hellish grand prix from corner to corner of America.

But will the new Death Race be just as good? If I hadn't seen the shitfest that was the Rollerball remake, my hopes may have been high. And I can't help think Running Man.

Any one a Fan of the first installment?

Trailer - http://www.deathracemovie.net/

Haven't seen the first one, but the remake looks to be typical Hollywood tripe. I doubt it will be as bad as the Rollerball remake, though...right?

Hail to the king, baby!

Seriously, this is more Death Rally, than Death Race. I want Duke Nukem driving one of them.

Needs more gimp masks.

Anyway, it'll be a mindless action film, but then that's pretty much all anyone would expect from it. Nothing groundbreaking or controversial like the original.

Yeah, but it looked like it was made of metal.

Also, that game on the website is a bit poo. It's certainly no Carmageddon, heh.

Yeah, but Frankenstein had a mask over his gimp mask too.. iirc.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like I was wrong.

I originally found Death Race 2000 for $1 at a Dollar store a few years ago. And thus began my enlightenment.

If Ian McShane doesn't call that evil chick in charge of the race a "loopy cunt" at least once than the movie will be a massive disappointment.

Upon seeing teh trailer, definitely more like Death Rally than Death Race. It's not like this is the first time that a great classic has been modernized and completely fucked up to the point of alienating the fans of the original. Still a little early to arrive at this conclusion, but a likely one.

Alboroto said:

Why does every movie with Jason Stahem has to do with cars at some point?

IIRC, Jason Statham is a professional stunt driver.