Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karnizero

Doom Music Remake

I need a good Doom Music at MP3 or OGG, remake from the original.
I dont mind the bitrate, while this is high enought (arround 192 would be nice. 128 is not so nice :-P. 512 would be godlike )

Something simillar to "Dark Side of Phobos".

Or even a good music, not remake from the original, but decent quality, and fits good a "hi tech" and "alien planet" ambience. In this case, i need both calm and not calm music.

I need at least 8 different songs (one for each map).

Someone knows?

Of course, only free music, please.

Thanks in advance. :-)

P.D. If you gonna tell "Doom 64 music", Duke3D, Quake 1, 2, 3 or 4, Doom 3, or any other commercial or remake from any other game, please, dont answer...

Esselfortium did something where he just made a nice-sounding mp3 out of a lot of Doom 1 songs. There's a thread about it somewhere, though you'd have to ask him too.

Tango said:

Esselfortium did something where he just made a nice-sounding mp3 out of a lot of Doom 1 songs. There's a thread about it somewhere, though you'd have to ask him too.

I found it:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/33529-esselfortiums-doom-soundtrack-remastering-project/

The webpage at the first post returns 404 not found, but this other URL works nicely:

http://sl4.poned.com/blog/

But if you look at that, seems Esselfortium's music is not free.

Unless he free his music, i cannot use.

Anyway, thanks for help. :)

GreyGhost said:

If it's remixes you're looking for - there should be something here you'll like.

Yes, thats just what i realy need. Thanks.

I will download the Ashley Carr remixes (the 5th one at that list.) :-)

This site has most of the tracks ported to MP3, although in my opinion only the DOOM tracks came out right (the ones from DOOM II generally sound worse.) See also this thread.

Karnizero said:

But if you look at that, seems Esselfortium's music is not free.

Unless he free his music, i cannot use.

Anyway, thanks for help. :)

Yeah the only music he's still got on there must be purchased (which I suggest), but you can probably send him a PM if you still want to check out that Doom stuff.

Kyka said:

You may have already seen this, but it is well worth a look if you haven't.

Yes, DArk Side of Phobos is really good music, but it is already known by us all.

I will use the Ashley Carr remakes, downloaded from here, thanks to GreyGhost :P