Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nathan92

Doomguy Turnarounds

Not too shabby, pal. Lengthen the arms and I think you're set.

The elbow should reach the top of the hipbone, and the fingertips should come to, say, half a hand's length from the top of the knee.

Impie said:

The elbow should reach the top of the hipbone, and the fingertips should come to, say, half a hand's length from the top of the knee.

Mine don't - should I get my arms lengthened as well? :-)

I'd make the helmet larger - especially the side profile.

The measurements I gave aren't exact, I'll grant you, but they're roughly the average (I meant a full hand's length, though, not half; my bad). Look up any diagram of the human skeleton.

I agree there's something odd about the arms, as if he had a dislodged shoulder from the front, and unnatural muscles from the back. The helm does make it look like he has a pretty small head.

Impie said:

The measurements I gave aren't exact, I'll grant you, but they're roughly the average (I meant a full hand's length, though, not half; my bad). Look up any diagram of the human skeleton.

Diagrams like that use arbitrary measurements that reflect the average lengths of people's body parts relative to each other. There is a lot of variation between different people, so the length of Doomguy's arms is perfectly feasible.
If anything is wrong with the arms, I think it's that extra line around the shoulder muscle that makes it appear to be angled forward instead of to the side. I'd simply erase the inner line representing the shoulder muscle.

Scratch that. On a second look, it actually seems fine to me. I'm not really sure what's making the arms look wierd. I actually think that the thickness of his shoulder pads makes his arms look lower than they really are, but imagining this without the pads, everything seems to line up.

I think it looks fine. The only thing I notice, and it just might be me, but the right glove in the first and last poses seem to be of different lengths. But whatever, this turnaround gets a yay in my book.

The helmet does look a little too small, and the posture looks slightly too stiff, as if he's trying too hard to stand at attention.

But he still looks like he means business. A good interpretation of doomguy.