Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

"Bricks 'n' Grass" - Oldskool-ish CTF!

This project is my main mapping priority at the moment. Copied from my Skulltag forum thread:

"Bricks 'n' Grass" Capture the Flag (or BNGCTF) will be a 16-map (but you know me... this is liable to change) CTF and OFCTF WAD that aims to combine newschool game elements with the oldschool-ish feel of Greenwar and Dwango, by having, as the name implies, lots of brick and grass textures. I promise simple but pleasing architecture, a *medium* level of detail, but most of all, HIGH GAMEPLAY VALUE. It will also HOPEFULLY include new music by me. :)

Here's a status report on the maps so far.
01: Celtic Gardens - 80%
02: Tattered Lair - needs redoing
03: Quagmire - 10%
04: Blood Omen (Lite) - 50%
05: Sky Edge - 100%
06: "O" of Deception! - 30%
07: City of Nomads - 100%
08: Opposing Towers - 20%
09: Waterwurx - 0%
10: Carvery - 5%
11: Proving Grounds - 0%
12: Draining Plant - 5%
13: Hideout - 0%
14: The Abandoned Helipad - 0%
15: Simplicity - 80%
16: Canyon Turbines - 15%

Total WAD Completion: 30.9375%

Have some screens.

Whoa that looks awesome. You've come a long way since I saw your stuff when I was still a part of the ST forums.

You could use some new skies though. I just uh, happen to have one or two if you can't find any others.

I see you've been branded with a very suitable new title. I look forward to whatever MIDIs you manage to come up with for this project. =)

And the maps too, of course. ;-P

Bucket: Thanks - I may release a beta soon, so I'll keep it up. ;P

Tango: Hehe, thanks, but I'm seriously aiming for an oldschool look with this mod, as I know a lot of people like it (or else people wouldn't still be playing Dwango5 and Greenwar) so I don't think I'll be including any new skies. And yes, I feel like I've improved a lot since I made my first "Skulltag Singleplayer" posts on the ST forums. :P

Death-Destiny: Hehe, "Midi91". :P Yes, I'll be using some old MIDIs of mine in this mod and maybe composing new ones specifically for it.

Oh those screens are nice, looks like there are few interesting spots for fighting.
I like the 'Dead Simple' remix also.

Jimmy91 said:

...so I don't think I'll be including any new skies.

D: You're at least still keeping the e4 sky, right? :P

Nice bricks! ...and grass! The design and theme is looking very solid.

Also: "The Abandoned Helipad"? That made me chuckle a bit. :-]

deathz0r said:

I take it this is for ST only, or will it work in Odamex as well?

I'm gonna guess for ST only since the last screenshot has a minigun in it.

Heh, I was wondering if this would crop up. ;) Yes it is Skulltag-only at the moment, but perhaps I'll release a ZDaemon/Odamex-compatible version if popularity demands so.

I was aiming to combine newschool game elements (ie. those in Skulltag) within an oldschool-looking mapset here, hence why you see a few Skulltag-unique elements in the screenshots. However, having not kept an eye on the updates fo ZDaemon or Odamex as much as Skulltag, I'm a little unsure as to the formats they can support. I guess they have complete Vanilla Doom and Boom compatibility since they're based off ZDoom?

Odamex would be Boom-compatible I believe...that's what the 32in24 CTF maps are made in. I really don't know about ZD, but I assume it also supports Boom-compat.

Anyways yea, a version for Odamex atleast would be nice :D

Jimmy91 said:
03: Quagmire - 10%

Giggity-giggity.

Looks cool, I normally like metal and tech themes more but these brick themes actually look pretty good to me.