Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Olympics

Stupid, obvious poll time. The first winter Olympics to be held in the U.S. in decades is about eight weeks away. And every Olympian athlete, venue worker, Mormon missionary, tourist trap, liquor store, prostitute, and SWAT team in Utah is gearing up for the big show come February. So the question is: What will YOU be doing during the Olympic games?

Awaiting to see what mass idiocy will rear it's head, how many people will die in an effort to see that crap, etc.

Maybe there'll be some terrorist activity too.

Maybe there'll be some terrorist activity too.

Ya know, I had the same thought. Maybe the one '96 wasn't the last of it.

I'll tell you what, if anything happens during the Olympics, I'm going to Pakistan to tear Osama a new one with my own two hands. I swear to every God and Monster, if my family gets so much as a scratch...

I'll tell you what, if anything happens during the Olympics, I'm going to Pakistan to tear Osama a new one with my own two hands.

Sheesh, I didn't even suggest it might be him. It'll most likely be our own home-grown loonies or sport-haters.

Sheesh, I didn't even suggest it might be him. It'll most likely be our own home-grown loonies or sport-haters.

Well, we didn't have any definite proof that bin Laden did it when we started bombing Afghanistan. Bin Laden just makes a good scapegoat, like a modern Hitler or Stalin or Hussein.

[EDIT] This has been Ugly Random Neuron Firing #4. I thank you, and Utah thanks you. :)

I'll just stay at home, play RtCW and Doom and continue waitin' for "Doom 3".

Eek, doesn't look like it is....../me faints

What, you don't like people named Satan?

Isn't there a guy on DBZ named Mister Satan?

What I want to know is: Who in their right minds would blow $200 per seat to sit for three hours, in Rice-Eccles Stadium (open air), in February, to watch the opening ceremonies?!?! The UofU/BYU game I can see; it's no as bad in November, but February!?!?!

Also gotta feel sorry for the ceremony performers who get to stand in the stadium in their close-cut, not-warm-at-all costumes and sing/dance/whatever.

What I want to know is: Who in their right minds would blow $200 per seat to sit for three hours

People that get paid that much per-hour.

i'm a person, i dont get paid that much...

anyway the reason my dad says that is cuz he thinks terrorists are gonna bomb the stadium. it kinda makes sence cuz there would be so many people gathered together

anyway the reason my dad says that is cuz he thinks terrorists are gonna bomb the stadium.

Really.

I'd just stay outta there because the events would bore me to sleep.

Sports sucks... yawn.

I don't mind playing, but I couldn't even begin to watch anyone else play.

Sports sucks... yawn.

OK, maybe you Swedes aren't so bad after all :)

- Why should Swedes be bad?
Anyway, a wholeheartedly agree on sports being boring to watch.

The average swede is and intelligent and pleasant person, not anything like me and the other swedish doomers.

The average swede is and intelligent and pleasant person, not anything like me and the other swedish doomers.

- Are you or the other Sweedish doomers particularly bad?
I find that at least you make some decently intelligent posts sometimes.