Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jts8934

Can`t exit level 1 in Classic Doom 3

I just started playing Classic Doom 3 1.3. At the end of the level I cant exit after hitting the exit panel. Is there a bug in the game?

Download another version of Classic Doom (v. 1.3.1):Classic Doom 3.

It is compatible with the Doom patches, so I think yours does not work, because of your Doom patch (hopefully).

I get this problem too and both Doom 3 and Classic Doom 3 a patched to 1.3.1302.

Unless someone knows how to fix this, the only way to get to the next level is to go into the console and type "map e1m2.map" (or whatever map you want to load).

Deeforce said:
Download another version of Classic Doom (v. 1.3.1):Classic Doom 3.

Great but this is a Windows installer.
Do you have a link to a zip file?

If you got to the dhewm source ports download page (assuming your using the dhewm source-port) https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3/releases/tag/1.5.2 (link will change with version). 

Download dhewm3-mods_1.5.2_win32.zip (or appropriate latest version for your copy of dhewm).

In here you will find cdoom.dll, copy this to your dhewm folder (the same folder containing base.dll & d3xp.dll).

This is detailed in the Classic Doom mod entry of dhewm source port's mod page, but it' easy to miss and fully resolves the inability to end the level.

What a time we live in. I'm going to start wondering when I see odd necroposts like these if they're being done by a ChatGPT agent someone is experimenting with.