Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

DooM Monopoly(When Boredom strikes....)

Ralphis said:

Teams don't exist in monopoly

Well, considering some of the other suggestions regarding battling it out for properties/etc I don't really think that there's any law that says you can't change the rules and add teams if you so desire.

Heck if it was exactly like normal monopoly then.... it would suck. Why would you play it in Doom when there are a million other monopoly clones? You have to kill each other to get a property? That's what makes it interesting and worth downloading. :)

Plus even if you don't actually want teams... you'll still more than likely want to assign each player to a team. (You just limit each team to 1 player.) With a mod like this it just makes everything much easier to code. If they die in whatever mini-game you create you can make them respawn on their particular square (or anywhere else you want) by using the red/blue/whatever team spawn things. If they're not assigned to a team then it's a lot trickier (maybe even impossible?) to find out who died and where you should respawn them.

Aabra said:

With enough coding something like this is definitely possible in Skulltag. I don't think it can realistically be done for any other port since it pretty much has to be multiplayer.

Last I heard. Other versions of Doom had multiplayer too.

kristus said:

Yeah, hell, let's make this a vanilla wad and play it over Khan.

That'll work.

Ichor said:

Those pictures he posted

Brilliance. :) I agree with Karnizero, the Soul Train one was the best.

kristus said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Maybe it could be made for ZDaemon as I know they did improve their ACS support but I honestly don't know to what extent.... Plus depending on what you wanted to do there's a high possibility of wanting to use decorate in a mod like this. Well, w/e - make it for Odamex then if you like it so much. Geez.... such hostility. And people wonder why I don't come to these boards very often. *sighs*

This is a very newschool idea and Skulltag is the only real newschool multiplayer port. *shrugs*

Ichor said:

These are all brilliant. Although instead of "cuddling the mission", I'd say "Not letting Hissy go"

Haha, AWESOME. I don't do anything Doom related for like 8 months... and I see something cool like this? Sweet, keep up the good work!

Aabra said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I think Kristus is saying that multiplayer support is pretty much universal - from doom.exe onwards.

MikeRS said:

These are all brilliant. Although instead of "cuddling the mission", I'd say "Not letting Hissy go"

I was going to do this:

but that one is good too.

Thanks to inspiration from KDIZD's intermission map screen, I started working on adding in property pieces. I've decided to design each property piece after certain levels of Doom and Doom II. I would like to mention that Fisk and Apothem along with myself are currently working on actually getting at least the basic scripting done. If anybody thinks they could make a scaled down property piece for the board or just wants the board itself to design something, send me a PM. I appreciate the comments everyone's leaving and plan to have another update in a few days.

Doom is my favorite computer game and monopoly is my favorite board game. I love it.

it'd be great fun to make a real world monopoly set around Doom. "You have been summoned by the Cyberdemon, advance your token to the Tower of Babel." Instead of paying rent, you pay hit points damage. Mediterranean and Baltic would be Former human seargents. The light blues would be shotgun guys and imps etc...

Will you be able to trade property in this game? How? Trading property is the backbone of the game!

Mordeth: "I'll give you Computer Station for Hell Keep!"

Mewse: "No way dude, Hell Keep is much more valuable being 3rd episode to your Computer Station which is ep 1."

Mordeth: "Yeah, but Computer Station is penultimate level in episode 1 and is therefore very lucrative and among the highest rents for EP 1. Plus, your Hell Keep is only the first level of ep 3 and is small with low rent."

Mewse: "But I see what you're trying to do. You're gonna trade with Lut to complete episode 3 and ruin us all."

Mordeth: "You can't up the value of Hell Keep based on conjecture of what I'm gonna do with another player! Hell Keep is worth what it's worth."

Mewse: "Throw in the Plasma Rilfe too."

Mordeth: "Are you kidding me??? I'll throw in a chaingun and two ammo clips."

Mewse: "Plasma Rifle"

Mordeth: "No way, dude."

Mewse: "Fine, rocket launcher and box of rockets."

Mordeth: "Chaingun and box of ammo, final offer."

you get the idea....